Campsites near Roscoff

mikeb

We are venturing abroad in our campervan for the very first time this year via Roscoff. Can anyone recommend a site near to Roscoff. We are heading down the coast towards Vannes and as we are not due to dock until 7pm need something fairly close. As this will be the back end of July do you recommend booking in advance. any help much apreciated. Thanks

If you search the forum using keyword Roscoff you'll find an enquiry similar to yours dated 4 May 2005. This asked for details about overnight parking rather than campsites, but you may still find the replies useful. As far as campsites close to Roscoff are concerned, there seem to be just two. (Visit roscoff-quotidien.chez-alice.fr for more information.) As I've been to neither I can't offer a recommendation, but I'd probably opt for "Aux 4 Saisons" at Perharidy to the west of Roscoff for its proximity to the sea and because I'm aware it has a motorhome service point. The campsite's website is www.camping-aux4saisons.com and, as you will be travelling in the tourist high season, it might be wise to check whether you'll need to reserve a pitch. If you don't really need a campsite, just a place to park, then I believe you'd have little difficulty overnighting in Roscoff itself. We went there last month and parked (a Sunday afternoon only) by the railway-station. There's also another large car-park not far from the station permitting a 24-hour stay in summer and an unlimited stay outside that period. Roscoff is more pedestrianised than it used to be and (in my opinion) the town's interior is best approached in a motorhome from the south. There are now 2 aires de services (free nowadays I believe) - one near Chapelle Sainte-Barbe to the north of the ferry port and the other to the west of Roscoff on the coast road to Le Laber. Motorhomes are able to park at both aires, but what the position would be in late-July is anybody's guess. (www.campingcar-infos.com has details and comments.) Personally, for overnighting off-campsite, I'd go to Mechouroux or St Thegonnec where I'd be confident of spending a quiet night.

Hi- we regularly travel into Roscoff and try to arrive in the evening.....whether on the way in to france or the return jounrey. You can overnight on the top car park at the part which is excellent now, and with the new configuration there is no noise form the refrigerated lorries! We have used the Air de camping cars just along the road, but it is usually very full, and you always end up having to use blocks to level up. Latterly we have taken to staying on one of the aire-de -campingcars at St Pol de Leon - about a 15 min drive froim the ferry. There are at least two almost adjacent to each other along the main sea front area, and we find whilst always well patronised there is plenty of space. St Pol is also a good place for eating - about 20min walk into the town cantre, and if you want to a good town to visit the next morning before going on your way....

Archived