Peugeot Boxer headlight adjustment for continental travel

armstrongpiper

I have a 2006 Autosleeper on a 2.2 Boxer. The headlight covers are completely devoid of helpful marks to position the stick-on beam benders. The local Peugeot dealers have been less than helpful, trying to sell me plastic headlamp protectors with built-in benders, but at a cost of about £80 the pair. The selling dealer for the 'van was not able to help, sending me to the Peugeot dealers. Can anyone tell me how they have solved the problem of how to alter the headlights for travel in Europe using these plain headlamp covers? The headlamp units have, on the offside, sticky label with arrows pointing to both directions, but the nearside one has only one arrow, pointing to the nearside. To do a possible bulb re-position would require the whole unit to be removed from the vehicle, needing 5 nuts to be undone, 2 clips and a rubber cover to be removed. I can't believe this can be the required procedure. on a final note. At the ferry terminal one sees a large number of lorries waiting to board, and I have never seen the drivers making adjustments to their lights. Do they in fact not bother, and really, why should I? Mnay thanks in advance of replies Neil

Hi Neil I have a thread (14 below you ) re:Fiat headlamp protectors.The FIAT Ducato and Peugeot Boxer are the same except for their BADGE. I have spoken to both dealer's and they confirm this. As I am going to France on 10 May I would be greatful if you could give me a phone no.for the Peugeot dealer trying to sell you plastic headlamp protectors with built-in benders as I have tried everywhere here in Ireland for them and time is running out rgds limerick

ref the website - it was an eBay shop seller who still appears to exist but hasn't got anything for sale at the moment. Last time I looked there was a pair of headlight protectors for sall in the Out & About 'Buy and Sell - Cash Mart' bit posted on 11 April, they might still be available.

Hi Niel (armstrongpiper). I am confused. I believe there are two choices, original lights or possible Hella upgrade. The Hella upgrade has separate lenses on the lights not a singlepolycarbonate cover. If there are more options I do not know of them. The original Peugoet/Fiat lights cannot be adjusted hence needing deflectors or masks stuck on a headlight protector. Protectors come with marks showing where to fit. The Hella lights I believe can be altered by removing and rotating the lamp, and yes does need quite a few screws removed but is straight forward once you have done it and know the routine. Bear in mind it is illegal to drive in the UK on right dipping lights on a UK spec vehicle, so technically should be altered after you cross the water. I am probably repeating what someone as already mentioned. The standard light which cannot be adjusted required 4 screws on centre grill (at top) to be removed, then two screws on light and clip thing where it attaches to wing flange. I cannot understand why the manual says 5 nuts and rubber cover. Maybe I am out of touch and latest 2006 models are different. Your £80 for protectors from dealer are probably the type with inbuilt beam deflectors rather than a mask which you stick on. The standard ones are about £39 from peugoet

I obtained the plastic headlamp protectors from our local Peugeot garage (Charters at Alton) and they were around £30 for the pair. They are marked for the stick on deflector and include the stick on tape in the kit. I can't remember the part number but identified them initially on the Peugeot or Charters web site with price. I think your dealer is not interested. If you can't find them come back and I will look for the packaging.

Archived