Heineken cup final in Cardiff

limerick

Hi Limerick, Go to www.ukcampsite.co.uk and do a search for sites in Cardiff, it will give you Pontcanna Fields. This is a sight that is managed by the local council. We haven't stayed there yet but we have booked a pitch for a couple of nights in July when we are going to a concert at Cardiff Castle. I think it's quite convenient for the stadium and it has some good reviews. Rgds John

Hi, you could also try the [url=http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/pitchfinder/default.asp]'Pitch Finder'[/url] facility of Out&About Live... [url=http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/pitchfinder/display.asp?siteCounty=Cardiff%2C+Swansea+%26+The+Valleys]here's one I made earlier[/url]. ;-)

Sophia Gardens, run by the council, hard standings, CCTV, toilet block, showers, follow signs to city centre, go to the roundabout after you pass the castle gates, and turn right into Cathedral road, turn right at next roundabout S.P. Sophia Gardens, about £10 per night. 20 mins walk to stadium, depending how fast you can drag the Mrs by the shops.

I think you'll be extremely lucky to get on the Cardiff site as we tried for the Powergen semi's in March, I phoned the day the tickets came out 4 months previous and no chance, the warden actually told methat they were fully booked for an event at the millenium in November already! Shame as it a nice site and very handy for the stagger back. We stayed at a site about 1/2 hr bus ride out of Cardif, sorry cannot remember the name as i wasn't too impressed but at least we found somewhere that was open in early March David

I've been serching for sites and wondering if Sophia Garden and Pontcanna are the same site -as the address of the campsite is Cardiff Caravan Park -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address via Sophia Close Pontcanna, Cardiff Phone 029 2039 8362 Fax Postcode CF11 9LB - Find me rgds limerick

Hi, Limerick, here is another idea:- Caravan Club Site No:208, Tredegar House Newport Gwent, Good public transport to Cardiff. Asda just outside the gates for food etc. may be worth you looking into that option? Cheers, best of luck, David Powell (Ranger)

Limerick, I live 10 miles north of Cardiff so hopefully can help. There are no other campsites in Cardiff. The nearest is Penarth but you may have to be prepared to drive the van in from there which is about 5-7 miles . The site in Llandow is one I have been to and that is fine but about 15miles away. They park you on the right side of the barriers as we have already asked.On match day there are good park and rides in Cardiff and that would be your best bet I think. I f you stay in Penarth there is no way you can rely on public transport as the queues go round the block and back again. There is usually a massive park and ride on the outskirts of Cardiff by Ninian Park football ground and that is easy to get to off the M4. Just thought.................there is a carpark outside the athletics track next door to the park and ride and it may be possible to wildcamp there after the match. Depends if you want to park in a site or not? Llandow Touring Caravan Park Llandow Cowbridge South Glamorgan CF7 7PB Tel: 01446 794527 Fax: Pitches: 100 Open: February To November Read Review * Request more info or booking Has Website Link Submit Review Other Sites in Area Please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Bay Caravan Park St Marys Well Bay Road Penarth South Glamorgan CF64 5XS Tel: 02920 707512 Fax: Pitches: Full details Submit Review Other Sites in Area Please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marconi Holiday Village At Lavernock Point Lavernock Point Fort Road Penarth South Glamorgan CF64 5XQ Tel: 029 2070 7310 Fax: 029 2070 0509 Pitches: 68 Open: Open All Year Read Review * Request more info or booking Has Website Link Submit Review Other Sites in Area Please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just thought....what about the services at jct 33 M4. They are moto services and there is a travel lodge there too . What about phoning up and asking about paying to park there. The services are up above the M4 and really rural all round. It is just on the jct which leads to the link road straight into Cardiff park and ride and you would not have to pass a traffic light or roundabout or go into the city. Mind you you would have to keep of the "hard stuff" untill you returned to your van http://www.moto-way.com/page.cfm?Section=2&location=10 This is the link. Good luck Chris

We got the last pitch on a CL site in Cardiff. There are still pitches available in Caravan Club Site No:208, Tredegar House Newport Gwent.So if any MUNSTER supporter's are looking for a site give them a ring, I think it's about 9 miles from Cardiff Thank's to all for your help limerick

hi.a site in the centre of cardiff is run by the cardiff county council ,just a short walk to the millenium stadium. cost is £16 per night. tel john or dave on 029 20398362. but if you are unable to get booked in , i am running a rally in mid june for a weekend and the cost will only be £10 per night, sorry it not the date you wanted but welcome to join us ,email me at admin@motorhometoay.co.uk cheers dave *-)

Archived