cooker and heater trouble

terry

I have a 1988 hymer 544 and when i turn on one of the gas burners it refuses to stay alight! Does anyone know why this is? Also the hot water boiler refuses to light, there is gas getting to it and there is water onboard. I am not sure how the water gets to the boiler though! I would be gratefull for any help.

The refusal of just one burner (presumably on the hob?) to stay alight sounds like the burner's flame-failure device has ceased functioning. Can't say why your (Truma?) boiler won't light, it could be for a number of reasons. If gas is getting to it then the igniter may well have developed a fault or perhaps the thing just needs a darned good clean. When was your Hymer's gas system last serviced?

thank you for your reply. the gas system was last serviced 02/02/05. i have removed half of the vans interior to get the gas failure device out and a new one will be purchased tomorrow. hopefully this will solve the problem. i will do some research this week and at the weekend remove the boiler to see if there are any noticable problems.

Don't panic, i didn't take it apart, instead i found that one of the previous owner's had fitted an extra water cut off switch. Once this was opened it fired straight away. Thank's for the help and advice.

Archived