Truma Gas-regulator Problems

Derek Uzzell

In the "New to Motorcaravanning?" thread of 8/4/2006 I mentioned that the Truma gas-regulator I had fitted to my Hobby motorhome in mid-2006 had recently stopped working. I have now received a replacement under warranty from the supplier Myriad Products. When I inquired about the cause of the fault I was told that Myriad's warranty department had listed it as a 'no flow' problem, but the lady I spoke to had no further details. I asked if other regulators had shown similar symptoms and whether 'oil in the gas' had been offered as an explanation. Apparently a number of Truma regulators with gas-flow problems had been returned to Myriad Products last year and, although at the time oil in the gas had been felt to be the cause, it was now understood that the fault lay with the regulators themselves. I was advised that recently manufactured regulators should be OK. In the 8/4/2006 thread, I also mentioned that a disposable gas-filter made by Borel was available in France through caravan accessory outlets. I now see that Borel produce another, less expensive filter that screws directly on to the connector of a traditional French gas-bottle where it will protect the complete gas system including the regulator. (Suitable adapters would be needed to use the filter on gas-bottles having a different connector design.) The filter body contains a removable element that should be replaced on a 2-year basis. Cost of the complete filter unit is 79 euros and it can be obtained through Narbonne Accessoires.

Archived