Discover Leisure 'Gone Bust'

Guest Erikbloodaxe

Guest Erikbloodaxe
The writing was on the wall two & one half years ago. I purchased a motorhome from them with twelve faults that took two years to remedy. Their customer service was appalling and even after complaining to the managing director, there was no improvement. Let it be a warning to other dealers that excellent customer service is very important for keeping their customers happy, for them to return and to recommend them to prospective new customers. My blogs on various sites warning buyers to steer clear of Discover Leisure could well of helped in their demise. I feel very sorry for those who have 'lost' money and I hope that 'common sense' allows none deposited and uncleared cheques to be returned by the administrators. I have written letters of warnings to this magazine, that, had they been published, may have saved the company by encouraging better service and improving their business. I have never seen an editorial talking about customer service issues and I think it is time that this magazine should make an effort to encourage dealers to provide excellent service. :-(

I do not know from personal experience what the customer service was like but there is enough adverse comment in the forums.

I think they went bust because someone thought they could borrow a lot of money and buy up good, well run businesses, and still make a profit. Why they thought these businesses could continue to be profitable when saddled with debt is beyond me. They may have cut costs to try and balance the books this might have adversely affected customer service and staff morale.

Archived