Royan Ferry

Mike B.

Hi

Has anyone used the Royan ferry this year and if so what were the costs?

Alternatively does anyone know where the price list can be found or info on the ferry? I have tried Googling it but the only web page I can find is dated 2007!

I intend to use it next year and am estimating about £60 for van and car on A frame-am I in the right ball park?

Mike

Here's the full link.

http://www.bernezac.com/passages_eau_royan_verdon.htm

We used it a couple of years ago, but only southbound - after a relaxing week based on the Aire at Verdon we headed south, and eventually returned by an inland route from Bordeaux.

The Aire at Verdon is worth a stop - walking distance form both beach and town, which has restaurants cafés and shops. You can also use it as a base for touring the penninsula, especially the vineyards!

Tony Jones - 2011-11-05 8:47 PM

Here's the full link.

http://www.bernezac.com/passages_eau_royan_verdon.htm

We used it a couple of years ago, but only southbound - after a relaxing week based on the Aire at Verdon we headed south, and eventually returned by an inland route from Bordeaux.

The Aire at Verdon is worth a stop - walking distance form both beach and town, which has restaurants cafés and shops. You can also use it as a base for touring the penninsula, especially the vineyards!

Thanks Tony-I saw in an earlier post you had used it a few years ago but I can't find up to date prices!

We are heading down to Spain and was going to take in Capbreton en route so thought we'd do the coast road and stop at a few aires thereby.

Thanks for info on Verdon-was going to try there also

Mike

Well I've got my prices!!!

I reckon it will be about £75 one way for the ferry. Not sure I can justify that given I have just paid £68 for a cross channel return ferry!!!

Think I'll have to work out the cost of diesel as time doesn't matter.

Thanks for the info and links guys-much appreciated

Mike :'(

Mike B. - 2011-11-05 9:20 PM

Well I've got my prices!!!

I reckon it will be about £75 one way for the ferry. Not sure I can justify that given I have just paid £68 for a cross channel return ferry!!!

Think I'll have to work out the cost of diesel as time doesn't matter.

Thanks for the info and links guys-much appreciated

Mike :'(

Looks like it should be a bit cheaper to separate your car from your motorhome rather than leave it on the A-frame. This would also minimise any potential reversing difficulties.

We were down on the south west coast in September and chatting with a Dutch couple who were going to use the ferry 'northbound' - they had a car and caravan and expected to pay aorund €70 one-way.

It really depends where you want to visit, and for Cap Breton (where we also stayed) I would not consider using it, as the main road (non-peage) via Bordeaux is fine. If you wish to use a 'coastal' route towards Bordeaux (going south) there is a large Aire at Braye -in fact it overlooks the other very expensive ferry across the Gironde, which just happens to be run by the same Company as the Royan Crossing!!!

Archived