sun canopies

big olga

Hi, I read the article in MMM by Andy and Marion Stothert called READY,STEADY,GO! it was very informative and I learned something new ;Sun Canopies.

I did not know such a thing was for use on a Motorhome. The thing is I have searched the tin,ternet but can not find the one in the picture on page 171 of novembers MMM ,can anyone shed any light on the subject [no pun intended]

the one pictured would be perfect for "Big Olga" as it could be used on either side or over the rear hab. doors..

Best Wishes dave.

Hi Dave

Andy & Marion's suncanopy should be reasonably simple to achieve, but you will need a "caravan style" awning rail for attachment to Big Olga.

In principle it is only a sheet of canvas with 2 poles & guy ropes.

If you have a Tent, Lorry sheet repairer or Sailmaker nearby they should be able to produce one & possibly include the windows as featured.

Or see E-bay item 200653557963 Sun Canopy / Sun-Shade & then add LILLYPAD LEISURE windblockers http://www.mysunshade.co.uk/

We haven't seen the article yet(so I may've got the wrong end of the stick)but we've used one of these for a few years now....

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/membershop/bd_easicanopy.asp

Originally,on our first van(a Duetto)we just attached it with the fig of 8 stuff,hooked into the gutter(..although that can be a bit hit'n'miss,depending on the depth/shape of your gutter)..

On our current van,we slide it into the groove on our Omnistor windout....

We use the Lillypad ones as a Sunshade rather than a wind blocker. Although it wont keep the sun out completely it does filter it so that you don't get burnt sitting on the inside. They fold up nice and small and are very light too. We have 3 so that we can put it up whichever way the sun is shining.

Archived