BULK GAS TANKS

h6ymr

Iam thinking of fitting a gas tank to my hymer partly to free up a locker and partly for ease and cheaper gas for cooking and heating. My problem is i am having difficulty finding any companys who do this or suppliers who can provide me with the parts to do it myself. I would be very gratefull for any help or information on this subject.

Contact MTH (Gloucester) who can supply and fit (or recommend a fitter near you). Also TB Turbo in Lancaster fit bulk tanks. Both advertise in MMM, so you can get contact details there. Both are also usually at most motorhome shows. It's also worth using this forum's seach function (in the welcome panel top right) as there has been lots of recent discussion of gas tanks, bulk gas tanks, etc. It's really only worth fitting a bulk tank if you are planning long trips abroad in winter. Long summer trips not usually a problem as you don't use the heating, unless you use a lot of water heating for the shower, etc.

Hi h6ymr I'm not sure whereabouts you are in the country but you might also try Autogas 2000 in Thirsk (North Yorkshire). I have recently been talking to them about bulk tanks or refillable cylinders for our new motorhome. In the end I have chosen to have Gaslow cylinders but Autogas are fitting them for me (even though they do their own 'Carabottle' cylinders) at a very reasonable price. The contact is Steve Wise 01845 523213 - www.autogas2000.co.uk Good luck, david

[QUOTE]Mel E - 2006-04-27 10:24 AM Contact MTH (Gloucester) who can supply and fit (or recommend a fitter near you). Also TB Turbo in Lancaster fit bulk tanks. Both advertise in MMM, so you can get contact details there. Both are also usually at most motorhome shows. It's also worth using this forum's seach function (in the welcome panel top right) as there has been lots of recent discussion of gas tanks, bulk gas tanks, etc. It's really only worth fitting a bulk tank if you are planning long trips abroad in winter. Long summer trips not usually a problem as you don't use the heating, unless you use a lot of water heating for the shower, etc.[/QUOTE] I agree, Convienience, knowing accurately how much I had and a spare locker was my main criteria for fitting a bulk tank. Have a look at http://www.mthautogas.co.uk Talk to Richard 4 Oakfield Gardens Church Drive Parkend Lydney Gloustershire GL15 4HQ Tel: 01594 563538 Mobile: 07763 958081 sales@mthautogas.co.uk They supplied me with all the bits featured in the Gas tank article in the March edition of MMM but will gladly do the full job for you. Good luck Clive

Thanks for your replies i am new to the site and did not know about the search bit . I will be following your leads and hope to get sorted soon. I understand the tank v bottle arguement but the tank frees up the locker. happy motorhoming to you all.

• 3 months later...

Archived