New Colour Vehicle Registration Form (V5C)

nowtelse2do

Due to the theft of a large number of blank old blue registration forms (V5C), the DVLA are issuing new forms that are now coloured red, got mine for the M/H this morning. DVLA say this is because any stolen vehicle or cloned one's could have ended up with an old type registration form.

Also, new MOT's are now in black & white on A4 paper, looks like a bit of a**e paper, don't get confused...!! I think anyone who is CP proficient could copy it, so if buying 2nd hand in the near future it would be wise I think to check that it's OK.

Dave

Guest Tracker

Had my van MOT'd recently and got one of the new plain paper A4 certificates.

Apparantly there were so many lost and stolen blank certificates of the old sort about that the MOT saw no point in carrying on with them and as anyone can now check online if they have the reg no and V5 document number.

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECSID-Internet-Status-Request.jsp

Quite what those without internet access are supposed to do I don't know and I doubt HMG cares anyway as long as they save money!

Guest Tracker

Thanks Dave I did notice but as we have our very own calendar we don't need to pay HMG any more than we need to!

Every little helps, and £1.50 will take us almost 7 miles - well actually 3.5 miles each way I suppose - than we could have gone had we not had the extra £1.50!

Archived