Spanish Dentists?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

We have both been to the dentist this morning for our check ups, and Sue needs another tooth out8-)......and the options are a plate £204 or implants £30008-)

As we will be spending a month in Calpe, Just wondering if implants are cheaper in Spain:D.......Anyone had any experience of Spanish dentist? 

This spring my wife had a crown fall out whilst we were in Conil. The local dentist spend 1 hr and 10 mins with two xrays to refix it. charge 70 euro. He said he could do a bridge and replace another tooth that needed attention total cost 200 euro.

I suggest you call and get a quote.

We were seen straight away and the receptionist spoke english to help with translation

Richard

Not an expert in these matters but the general consensus from feedback via Insurance Companies who provide health cover abroad is that on most medical issues these days is that - if you have a problem - cross the channel with the appropriate paperwork for your initial consultation as it is quicker and better than the NHS here in the UK and once you have returned with your treatment started you slot straight into the NHS system with no delay. The Spanish medical system is rated as being very good

No specifics on Dental Treatment tho’

An obvious point perhaps - but if you do travel a lot - annual cover is a very good idea.

Although we don't have experience of Spanish Dentists we do have experience of a French one. We have recently visited a particular lady Dentist and I had a clean and polish but Martin had to have 2 back teeth out and a front one out. Included in the cost was 2 Xrays and putting a tooth on an existing plate to replace the front tooth and various visits to make sure everything was okay, it was 206 euros in total.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good dentists, English and/or perfect English speaking, in and around Calpe town.

All seem very professional indeed, with all the latest techniques. Just as good (perhaps better?) than in the UK.

Dunno about implants prices, but the going rate total price last year for a walk-in big filling (actually a re-filling, as the original one crumbled), all in lovely white material, with that blue-light setting business, an x-ray, and gallons of painkiller injections, VERY professionally done, was €50.

This was the same price as another filling I had done here in Spain about 4 years ago.

If that's cheaper than say £45 in the UK for a similar jobbie, then maybe implants will be proportionally cheaper?

All dentist in Spain are private, so it'll pay to shop around and get several quotes - they'll all work on you as walk-in, and they'll all haggle!

It might even be worth googling for "Dentist calpe spain" and emailing or ringing a few of them for a chat and a ball-park quote before you come over...............

Archived