SeaFrance Suspension of Service

Robinhood

Now that's what I call service!

Thanks for the post Terry (and the PM Mel) - I've just spoken to the same lady, and got the same promise of a refund onto my card. No reason to doubt her.

Since our crossing isn't until July I'll hold off a bit now - if SF are able to continue I'd rather re-book with them, and there's no hurry.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rolandrat - 2011-11-19 9:38 AM

Scotland is and always will be a lovely area to tour around but those b---dy midges like their pound of flesh.

That's why we always go in May and early June to avoid the little blighters. Interestingly most of the Caravan Club camp sites, hotels and bed & breakfasts are normally booked solid for that month. So far we have never encountered them thank goodness.

Colin Leake - 2011-11-20 11:53 AM

rolandrat - 2011-11-19 9:38 AM

Scotland is and always will be a lovely area to tour around but those b---dy midges like their pound of flesh.

That's why we always go in May and early June to avoid the little blighters. Interestingly most of the Caravan Club camp sites, hotels and bed & breakfasts are normally booked solid for that month. So far we have never encountered them thank goodness.

....if you go next year, beware of the trend.

Today's news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-15810360

Tony Jones - 2011-11-19 2:26 PM

Thanks for the post Terry (and the PM Mel) - I've just spoken to the same lady, and got the same promise of a refund onto my card. No reason to doubt her.

Since our crossing isn't until July I'll hold off a bit now - if SF are able to continue I'd rather re-book with them, and there's no hurry.

Just checked my card account and the credit is already shown and dated 19th the day I made the request.

terryW - 2011-11-22 7:01 PM

Tony Jones - 2011-11-19 2:26 PM

Just checked my card account and the credit is already shown and dated 19th the day I made the request.

This is really excellent customer service. It is such a pity that the future looks so bleak for Sea France.

Great shame Seafrance has always been our first choice.

On a fixed pension I don't have money to spare but increasingly I find I prefer to pay that little extra for quality and service.

I would rather have a little good service than lots of bad service.

This year I chose to pay more to travel by Seafrance rather than take a cheaper crossing with DFDS. I hope it works out for them.

Archived