Italy in February

Intransit

Robinhood - 2011-11-20 12:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2011-11-20 12:12 PM

What delicious ambiguity! :-D

....I wouldn't be surpised if they cater for "delicious ambiguity" as well (though it probably sounds more alluring in Italian B-) ).

Higher rate per hour, though. ;-)

As ever, I defer to your greater knowledge in these matters. :-)

i cannot comment on either the rates or the "specialities" of the house but I do seem to recall that the "pick up points", for want of better words is either underneath the railway bridge or up the road into Pompeii by the supermarket. Isn't it amazing the number of times you run out of things and just have to "run up to the shops" to get it?

What an interesting thread this has turned out to be, we should have more like it!

Bob

Brian Kirby - 2011-11-20 12:43 PM

Robinhood - 2011-11-20 12:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2011-11-20 12:12 PM

What delicious ambiguity! :-D

....I wouldn't be surpised if they cater for "delicious ambiguity" as well (though it probably sounds more alluring in Italian B-) ).

Higher rate per hour, though. ;-)

As ever, I defer to your greater knowledge in these matters. :-)

....well, I'm far from being an expert, so I consulted the premier "mind" in these matters (i.e. the internet), and got some quite disturbing results. 8-)

If it's "delicious ambiguity" that "floats your boat", Brian, it appears that Thailand should be your destination, not Italy.

:->

Robinhood - 2011-11-20 5:47 PM.....................................If it's "delicious ambiguity" that "floats your boat", Brian, it appears that Thailand should be your destination, not Italy. :->

Good job you mentioned the boat, I believe it's a trifle damp there at present! All gets to sound a bit like the Grand old Duke of Buckingham. *-)

When we stopped in Rome this summer we stayed at http://www.happycamping.net/index.php?id_articolo=9 I just checked and they are open in Feb. They run a free minibus to the local train station where you will pay about 8€ for a two day travel pass. We then went to http://www.campingzeus.it/ in Pompeii, it can be a little bit tight for larger motorhomes but doable. there is a 4X4 trip going to the volcano from this site, well worth doing. The site is right next to the museum entrance.Whilst in Italy we used our Campingcar magazine aires book along with a poi download from campingcar infos.com and never had any problems finding an aire (sosta). Just don't expect French standards, most are just tarmac with a tap and drain in the corner

Archived