Lidl and snowchains

Caroline

Caroline - 2011-11-22 4:53 PM

Lidl has snow chains coming in on Thursday, have you experience of them?

They are £20 a pair is that good value.........normally is!

(^)

Although they say available in 4 sizes they don't give the sizes, they don't have padded straps the construction is all chains would do a lovely job of modifying my nice alloy wheels. :D

Caroline - 2011-11-22 4:53 PM

Lidl has snow chains coming in on Thursday, have you experience of them?

They are £20 a pair is that good value.........normally is!

(^)

No reason at all why cheap snow chains should not be fine. In my early days of running ski holidays, before we had four wheel drive, we always used the cheapest chains we could buy for our two minibus. Never had a problem, never had one break, just make sure you do not use them on dry roads. Not quite sure what people mean by padding, never seen chains with this but need some care with alloy wheels.

That is just a minor detail, you know how motorhomers have to have everything regardless of need.

Air con when our summers never get above 20 degrees, solar panels when we get no sun etc.etc. :D

Absolutely, could not agree with that statement more…

I agree having looked at other websites these do look a bit budget may be ok for a car but not for a hefty van.

Alloys……….yes hubby would agree with you there.

Asda, Snow socks, web site says not in stock but I have been following threads on these and rather like the sound of them for emergency use, so will keep an eye on Asda.

I live in hope that we will spend some time in the snow, so be prepared is my motto, just need to work out how to winterize our van.

Thanks all

:-)

If anyone is considering getting snow chains for a FWD Transit be careful, our handbook says they cannot be used as there isn't enough clearance ... might have a shuftie at the Asda snow socks though ... we're going down to Spain in mid-February so might need something!!! 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2011-11-24 4:54 PM  we're going down to Spain in mid-February so might need something!!! 8-)
Glad we get back from Spain in Feb:D......... what with all you retired old farts cluttering up the place(lol)

DaveB-)

I find it strange that some converters use base vehicles that cannot have snow chains fitted. That rather restricts the amount of ski resorts you can use, as you must have snow chains to access some of them, at certain times.

Brian B

ps So that is another question to ask when buying if you intend to to use it for skiing.

thebishbus - 2011-11-24 8:18 PM

I find it strange that some converters use base vehicles that cannot have snow chains fitted. That rather restricts the amount of ski resorts you can use, as you must have snow chains to access some of them, at certain times.

Brian B

ps So that is another question to ask when buying if you intend to to use it for skiing.

Not just vans, my car will not take snowchains, even the 9mm ones, so have to use snow socks. Their are a lot of these around now and unlike chains, where even the cheap ones are fine for occasional use, you should buy the better known makes that have been performing ok for some years now.

Archived