Schaudt Electroblok EBL 226

bobmbell

There have been a number of threads and details posted regarding the problems of Electroblok's failing due to power 'spikes'. So far I have not seen any mention of the above model which is fitted to my Adria Coral (bought in the last month) which is a 2011 model. Anyone come accross this model (Electroblok) and if so, do I need to fil an OVP before going abroad?

If you talk to Schaudt they always recommend fitting an OVP with their Elektroblock units. Myself I have not bothered as I rarely use hook-ups.

If you are going to use hook-ups all across Europe I think it would be worth the small cost, continental Europe has lot more overhead power feeds to properties than the UK and these are more sceptical to voltage fluctuations.

I suggest you email Udo Lang at Schaudt to see if they have incorporated OVP in your unit :- Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de

Hi Bob,

I have an Adria Compact bought new this year in Germany. It too has the 226 Electrobloc and both the Adria manual and the Schaudt booklet clearly show it includes OVP.

I suppose it is possible that the spec may be different but I doubt it. The Schaudt instruction booklet included in the Adria manual pack says in big letters on the front: Electrobloc 226 + EVP.

If yours doesn't show this then you may have to make further enquiries

Archived