Climategate II

CliveH

Two years ago lots of emails were released from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia that more than pricked the bubble of alarmist hype on the catastrophic predictions linked to those advocates of man(n?) made global warming.

Now a second batch has just been released and whilst the techies are all over the details, (and I cannot blame them - the info is really "interesting" to say the least!) - a good synopsis is available from Oz where Jo Nova - who because of the time delay - has managed to produce an excellent summary.

For those that are interested:-

http://joannenova.com.au/

Note - she is unsure at the time of writing as to the authenticity - but it seems clear now that this second batch of leaked emails are indeed genuine.

Some choice quotes from the emails

Wils: What if climate change appears to be just mainly a multidecadal natural fluctuation? They’ll kill us probably [...]

Jones: I’ve been told that IPCC is above national FOI Acts. One way to cover yourself and all those working in AR5 would be to delete all emails at the end of the process

<1473> McGarvie/UEA Director of Faculty Administration:

As we are testing EIR with the other climate audit org request relating to

communications with other academic colleagues, I think that we would weaken

that case if we supplied the information in this case. So I would suggest that

we decline this one (at the very end of the time period)

<1577> Jones:

[FOI, temperature data]

Any work we have done in the past is done on the back of the research grants we

get – and has to be well hidden. I’ve discussed this with the main funder (US

Dept of Energy) in the past and they are happy about not releasing the original

station data.

The timing is clearly linked to the latest Climate Change Junket in Durban South Africa.

What is interesting this time is that the main stream media is already picking it up whereas last time, two years ago, the BBC in particular refused to cover the story - it was the internet that got the information out.

In contrast this time - BBC Newsnight last night had a fair coverage of the story and at last seemed to be calling the doubters of the hype "Sceptics" (which is what we are) rather than "Deniers" (which we certainly are not).

Cracking one from DEFRA -

"Humphrey/DEFRA:

I can’t overstate the HUGE amount of political interest in the project as a message that the Government can give on climate change to help them tell their story. They want the story to be a very strong one and don’t want to be made to look foolish."

8-)

Of course they don't!!

all those "green taxes" are at stake if we dare to doubt the "science".

Archived