POLOABC ADVERTS

Derek Uzzell

Around 07:00 this morning a newly-registered forum member "poloabc" posted 19 clothing adverts across most of the Out&AboutLive forums. This deliberately contravenes the forums' Acceptable Use Policy:-

"Commercial postings are not permitted. They are not a vehicle for press releases, adverts, or any other solicited or unsolicted commercial communication."

I shall shortly be contacting the O&AL forum moderator, suggesting a) that the advertising threads be deleted and b) that the poloac account be de-registered.

I have now e-mailed the Forum Moderator about this and sent him/her a PM. I've also copied my original posting on this thread on to all the poloabc threads. The latter exercise was to try to avoid people posting to any of the threads and then getting peeved if the threads were subsequently removed.

(Of course, if you feel a burning desire to post to any/all of the poloabc threads, feel free to do so, but there seems a reasonable chance that they'll soon be gone, so why would you want to waste your time?)

Derek Uzzell - 2011-11-29 8:06 AM

Around 07:00 this morning a newly-registered forum member "poloabc" posted 19 clothing adverts across most of the Out&AboutLive forums. This deliberately contravenes the forums' Acceptable Use Policy:-

"Commercial postings are not permitted. They are not a vehicle for press releases, adverts, or any other solicited or unsolicted commercial communication."

I shall shortly be contacting the O&AL forum moderator, suggesting a) that the advertising threads be deleted and b) that the poloac account be de-registered.

Why should this concern you I wonder? I would have of thought that Warners were capable of taking care of this if they so wished ? (?) (?)

"Nice one Derek",   there is a place for Adverts within the O&A web site, we dont want them cluttering up the Motorhome Forum which is for what it does best "Helping People",  and you should not have to take Flak for doing what is a service to us All,   I say Thank you.

vindiboy - 2011-11-29 5:36 PM

Why should this concern you I wonder? I would have of thought that Warners were capable of taking care of this if they so wished ? (?) (?)

Can't say I've ever felt a burning need to explain my actions to strangers and I don't intend to start now.

Guest pelmetman

I was up early this morning8-)...........and noticed Derek was all over the place like a rash, so guessed it was a spammer:D.............Compared to the few forums that we visit this site seems to get of quite lightly;-)

Psssst.......... anybody want to buy a pelmet or pouffe?:D

Derek Uzzell - 2011-11-29 6:32 PM

vindiboy - 2011-11-29 5:36 PM

Can't say I've ever felt a burning need to explain my actions to strangers and I don't intend to start now.

That seems a strange thing to say, considering that you have posted your actions for the whole world to see .

Archived