fresh water tank

clippersue

Hi Clippersue

I must admit to cleaning everything when we get a new to us van, I feel a lot happier. You will get a lot of good advice on this forum.

We have just fitted a water filter from Wicks for about £35. It certainly stops me worrying and carrying heavy bottles of water got this tip from a fellow traveller, we also try to drain down our water tank periodically.

I would also endorse the join a club idea we joined ours and have never looked back.

Have a lot of fun.

Caroline - 2011-12-20 10:48 AM

Hi Clippersue

I must admit to cleaning everything when we get a new to us van, I feel a lot happier. You will get a lot of good advice on this forum.

We have just fitted a water filter from Wicks for about £35. It certainly stops me worrying and carrying heavy bottles of water got this tip from a fellow traveller, we also try to drain down our water tank periodically.

I would also endorse the join a club idea we joined ours and have never looked back.

Have a lot of fun.

It's perhaps worth highlighting that the the Wickes water-filter kit

http://www.wickes.co.uk/water-filter-kit/invt/193143/

is not intended to sterilise water. The filter is not advertised as being able to remove bacteria (or even, like Whale's Aquasource Clear in-line filter, to inhibit bacterial growth).

The Wickes filter-kit's on-line description is

"Purifies water by removing bad tastes and odours from domestic water supplies and reducing chlorine"

and (it has to be said) not all the reviews on the Wickes website are positive.

Sophisticated filtration kits/filters are available that claim to remove disease bacteria, pathogens and certain parasites from water. Unsurprisingly, such products are much more expensive than the Wickes/Whale 'taste filters'.

There's an earlier water-filter-related forum thread (with further cross references) on

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25063&posts=12

Archived