Asrta 2 in Spain

KD1

Hi . Can anyone help me out. Just 2 days ago we have lost all BBC Radio chanels on our TV out here in Spain. I have re-scanned the Auto -search, but to no avail. As I cannot physically change the Transponder setting, can anyone highlight a possible solution. Cheers.

KD1 - 2011-12-08 10:38 AM

Thanks for your response. All working fine now. Just moved location, and all returned as previously.

Now in Benidorm-weather 21d today again.

4.8 in Mid Wales why dont you come home and see for yourself, still I bet you won't get a sunset like that shown in my post that was at a site just North of you last June >:-)

Hi. Sorry in replying. I am on El-Raco, plenty of places now, as most of the Dutch have gone home for Xmas. To get a fair rate you need to be on site for 30days. Price then is 14.95e a day , inc 4kw of electric.20d here at present, with nice sunshine.We only stay here for 30days to get the above rate, and then in the New Year will go touring further south.

I am on El-Raco, plenty of places now (quote from KD1)

Thanks for that.

I've driven past El Raco, and from the road it looks like there are a lot of trees. We don't like trees in the winter, it's hard for the sun to get through and of course the sat signal !

But I've also been told that the further into the site the less of a tree screen there is.

Is that the case, if so, what are the best pitches ?

We're thinking of going to Benidorm in early Feb, and it'll be just our luck that the Dutch will be back.

regards

Allen

You'd need a massive dish to get any meaningful TV in Benidorm. However, most Benidorm sites have TV piped to the pitch. The site with the fewest trees is Villasol - they are branchless throughout the winter so plenty of sun. TV channels on Villasol are BBC 1, ITV, Channel 4+1, Sky News and a few Dutch, German and French channels in addition to those in Spanish.

Mike88 - 2011-12-14 10:03 PM

You'd need a massive dish to get any meaningful TV in Benidorm. .

Not quite true. My experience last winter was that if you had a sky box ( I have a 12 v Pace) and a white card then you are able to change transponder frequencies and receive certain ITV chanels, along with chanels 4 & 5. No BBC chanels though. And my dish is 80 cm.

I've read on other forums (threads from pcsatguy & c7ken) that the above may not now work due to very recent changes on astra 2.

Thanks for the info on Villasol. We were on Almafra last year and got similar tv piped in, but they often dropped off at the most inconveient times.

regards

Allen

When El Raco is busy, it can be difficult to choose a sunny pitch, but it has not been full for a few years now so should not be a problem. We are going to Benidorm on Saturday but may decide to stay on La Torreta IF we can get a decent pitch there, which used to be almost impossible which is why we moved to Raco in the winter when it was new.

Every pitch has piped TV, so you need about 12 metres of coax cable to connect. It usually works well enough until about 11pm when the picture can start to break up for some reason.

We are on Villasol at present - The site is half empty - nearly all pitches are in the sun with very few trees

We are paying €13.80 + tax per night(90+ days) .Although I understand the site are offering deals for 14 night stays.We have piped TV via the site with BBC1,ITV,Channel 4+1,Channel 5 and Sky news - perfect reception all day/night.

On my Oyster 85 dish - I get Channel 5,ITV,Channel 4+1,Radio 1/2/3/4 and Sky News all day/night.

Cloudy today but weather has been very good.

Archived