Ferry bargains booked

LordThornber

Just booked 2 very good value for money crossings for next year.

Dover - Dunkirk with DFDS, (I swallowed my pride at this price) 6am sail in July £24 booked through Caravan Club.

Return on the Tunnel 9am August £26 after £35 discount for whining about crap service received.

So £50 round trip at peak season - well suited :-)

Martyn

Guest pelmetman

Those are really good prices Martyn, we always stick to Eurotunnel because of Troy, don't like the idea of leaving him on the car deck.

As to whining about crap service, something I doubt we would do but each to his own. Last Christmas we were held up for 9 hours waiting to board train but the weather was awful so we just took it on the chin, at least we were lucky to be in the camper so were nice and warm and comfortable unlike a lot of folks with families in cars.

In fairness to Eurotunnel that is the only time we have been late boarding. In fact on all other trips we have arrived early and have been allowed to go on the next available train.

Sue

I'm not by nature a moaner Sue, more a get on with it merchant, but the Eurotunnel caper, (spoke about at length on here at the time) was garbage and avoidable.

Credit to Eurotunnel as I said before though, a comprehensive explanation, apology and the £35 discount ensured I'd give them my business again.

As for DFDS, well they can chuck bags of cow crap at me whilst on board for a £24 crossing :D

Martyn

Guest JudgeMental
just looked at NL: out 19th July - back 15th August . and its £96 I think moi will stick with eurotunnel for the £24 more and avoid rubbing shoulders with the hoi poloi *-)

Hi Martyn,

Glad to hear that you had a satisfactory result regarding your complaint to Eurotunnel. I have found that if you have genuine cause then it pays to complain. We have received many (albeit small - but commensurate with the problems) amounts of compensation over the years.

£24, Dover to Dunkerque, what a bargain – we have always found Norfolkline/DFDS to be cheaper than the other carriers. However since retiring, I thought 0600 hours had ceased to exist!?!

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2011-12-04 5:55 PM

Hi Martyn,

Glad to hear that you had a satisfactory result regarding your complaint to Eurotunnel. I have found that if you have genuine cause then it pays to complain. We have received many (albeit small - but commensurate with the problems) amounts of compensation over the years.

£24, Dover to Dunkerque, what a bargain

Cattwg :-D

Hiya John, yes I agree, a genuine cause for complaint should be rewarded. If only with an apology and/or an explanation. The discount was a bonus - but one I'll willingly accept.

As for £24, that's a steal, surely, it's beaten our cheapest ever by £2.

I think I'll make it my mission to get under £20 :D

Martyn

LordThornber - 2011-12-04 12:44 PM

Just booked 2 very good value for money crossings for next year.

Dover - Dunkirk with DFDS, (I swallowed my pride at this price) 6am sail in July £24 booked through Caravan Club.

Return on the Tunnel 9am August £26 after £35 discount for whining about crap service received.

So £50 round trip at peak season - well suited :-)

Martyn

I booked DFDS through CC couple of weeks ago-out June back end July £68 return including toad-I was also well suited. £24 for the van £10 for the toad- 14,00 out and 10,00 return which suits us with the journey to/from Dover

Anybody wishing to take advantage of this, you have to book and pay before 3rd January or it goes up. I did check direct to see what price they wanted and it was £130 for same dates/vehicles

Mike

After the seeming collapse of SeaFrance and obtaining (easily) a full refund for a booking for next Spring, we have made a booking with DFDS. The £24 each way - Dover/Dunkirk - at times we chose as convenient for us is via The Caravan Club. This, to us, is just one of the benefits of Club Membership.

Guest JudgeMental

Just tried through CC and eurotunnel a tenner cheaper @ £110 (£120 direct) and ferry (P&O) was £124

it would not quote for NL

JudgeMental - 2011-12-05 1:36 PM

Just tried through CC and eurotunnel a tenner cheaper @ £110 (£120 direct) and ferry (P&O) was £124

Sorry if this sounds obvious but try DFDS as Norfolk Lines is now DFDS. We had no problem on the CC website last month booking crossings with DFDS. Via CC we could choose any crossings for a standard price rather than just "anti-social" hours for the low price.

mel wood - 2011-12-05 2:25 PM

JudgeMental - 2011-12-05 1:36 PM

Sorry if this sounds obvious but try DFDS as Norfolk Lines is now DFDS. We had no problem on the CC website last month booking crossings with DFDS. Via CC we could choose any crossings for a standard price rather than just "anti-social" hours for the low price.

You can only book for the van on-line. If you have a trailer or toad you have to do it by phone-it's £68 return up to 12m total length until end of year for travel anytime in 2012

Mike

Archived