2005 Rapido 924F

ed-n-wendy

Just paid the deposit on this motorhome and looking for any tips about what to look for before I complete the deal.

We're new to motorhomes and would welcome any handy hints to get us on the road safely.

Elsewhere on this forum I've read about a judder on the reverse of this Fiat 2.8 diesel and as the test drive was all forwards I haven't had the opprtunity to check this out yet- I'll be driving it again next weekend- so where should I take it to find out??? :-D *-)

Hi Ed & Wendy, welcome to the forum & motorhomes.

The reversing judder does not apply to a 2005 model2.8L Fiat.

The "problem" is relative to the "new" model introduced late 2006 for 2007 model year.

Which have 2.0L 5 speed Gearbox. 2.3L 6 speed Gearbox & 3.0l 6 speed Gearbox / Automatic.

Of which, the 2.3L appears to be the more commonly affected.

Enjoy your new Motorhome.

Oddly enough my old model 2.3 tended to judder more in reverse than our new 2011 one. Having said that whilst it was noticeable it was never a real problem. Some older models had problems with 5th gear but I understand this problem was fixed before your model was made. Our Rapido was very well built and we had no real problems with it during the six years we and it. When we sold it it looked like new.

The only tip I would pass on is to care for the fibre glass body work by using good quality silicon free polish. Rapido in the hand book are most insistent that not polish containing silicon should be used as it will cause the gel coat to deteriate.

Archived