Leaking Motorhome

samvoska

I purchased a motorhome that was 18mths old, some 18mths ago. I was a motorhome novice at the time, and wasn't told by the dealer that an annual damptest, to maintain its moisture ingress warranty was required, indeed I wasn't told that the van had a 6year manufacturers warranty and wasn't provided with a cetrificate by the dealer to prove that he had done the test before selling to me, but of course the warranty is now void due to the fact that the van hasn't had its annual checkup, and guess what, yes the van has started leaking from a roof panel seal. Does anyone have an opinion on whether the dealer was negligent to me? The van was £45K.

Guest peter
If it was an agent for the particular motorhome you bought, I would say definately, Yes. Otherwise they might plead ignorance of the existence of the warranty. Just my laymans viewpoint, you might be better off having a word with a solicitor, especially with such a costly purchase. I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction. That's really bad service from the dealer. If the warranty is voided then you might have a claim against the dealer as the Motorhome is obviously not fit for purpose as described in the trade descriptions act.

Archived