wallace m

Hi folks i have a 08 ci carioca 656 and the habitation door

has gaps around it,I wonder is this for expansion in warmer

climates,as i live in Ireland the chance of expansion are minimal

does any body have a similar problem or any tips on what to

do with sealing it

regards

M

Hi M - Welcome to the Out&About Live forum.

The construction of motorhome habitation doors makes them pretty inert, so expansion/contraction in hot/cold weather should not be an issue.

The doors and frames often come as a 'kit' and it's down to the skill, care and attention of the people building the motorhome (and the manufacturer's philosophy regarding costs) as to how well a door fits in its frame after its been installed in the motorhome's body.

Unfortunately, when habitation doors don't fit well, it can be extremely difficult to do anything about it, particularly if the hinging system has no adjustability. I've known instances where several attempts have been made to cure mal-fitting habitation doors on new motorhomes, with the original door being replaced and the replacement proving to be little better. A really poor habitation-door fit is something that should be addressed under warranty when a motorhome is brand new, but it's most unlikely you'd get any joy from a CI dealership for a 2008 vehicle.

If the gaps on your Carioca's door are so wide that the rubber seals actually don't contact the surrounding frame (ie. you could post a letter through the gaps), and there's no means to adjust the door for a tighter fit, then you may have to live with this. I guess It might be possible to fit alternative seals or use DIY draught-excluding measures as suggested on this earlier thread:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11206&posts=4

Not much help I'm afraid, but you are far from alone.

Thanks for that Derek, ill have to go the diy route

as CI are not helpfull at all with after sales service

I had a major drama trying to get a hinge for the garage

door they reckoned I wasnt using it enough! the hinges

are alluminum and the centre pin mild steel so they

sieze after a short time.In the end I had to make one.

Cheers

M

Archived