The motorcaravanners club

Dr Dave

Dr Dave - 2011-12-06 6:59 PM

Well Well

Thanks to all the people that have posted with meaningful replies however i find it strange how a genuine question can be turned into a slanging match, yes we all have different ideas of what the ideal motorhome site / venue is but we all have one thing in common no matter if you camp in a field a club site at home or abroad we all love the motorhome experience ,dont we?? Its somtimes all too easy to wind people up on a forum when you would not do it when talking face to face. Again thank you and if you wondered we may give the club a try.

Dave

Yes... it happens!

As I said upthread, I was interested in the replies as we had been considering joining. However, having read them, we have come to the opposite conclusion and decided that it is probably not for us.

Also, from the website it would seem that there is no local group anywhere near where we live and, from what I can see, it is very much dependent on group membership????

I have encountered the Motor Caravanners Club a few times and found them to be a friendly lot, and of all ages, I am not a member, I have considered joining a couple of times but as a member of the CCC I find there is enough there for my needs, We also travel extensively around Europe, on our own usually and enjoy that, I love Wild Camping and wild Camp whenever I can, I also like to Rally with the CCC when in England and enjoy the THS sites and also the DA meets so a mixed bag for us, I am booked for a New Year Rally with a DA of the CCC club 5 nights at a School £50 can't be bad that, I don't do Bingo but am happy to sit in whilst it is on and sip my drink and watch the world go by, so we are all different and enjoy different things, I would not dream of berating others as some on here have if their way of Camping does not fit with the berater

For family reasons we were unable to have our usual spring sojourn in Europe this year and decided to join the MCC just to see what it was like. We definitely had our money’s worth! We attended three rallies:

Upton-upon-Severn Jazz Festival - £12 for the weekend – within easy walking distance of the village centre.

The Bristol Balloon Fiesta – we were camped, literally, across the road from one of the entrances. And we had a good view of the balloons as they became airborne.

The Welland Steam Fair. Excellent value. The daily cost to enter the fair was £10 per adult. We camped and had unlimited access to the fair at a cost of £15 for the weekend.

There were several other rallies held this autumn and had we not been abroad we would have attended a few of them.

All the people we met were friendly and ages seemed to rang from people in their 50's to those in their 70's. We are in between!! As has been said elsewhere because it is the Motor Caravan Club, rallies are organised with MHs in mind. It’s worth noting that some of the rallies extend from Thursday to Monday. Also in our experience the MCC has more rallies at the MMM and other shows than the C&CC.

As always it’s a case of different things for different people. Like us you can choose the rallies that appeal and as such if you enjoy weekends away in the company of other motorhomers then, in my opinion the club is excellent value for money. We will renew our membership for 2012.

Cattwg :-D

Two points.

First Gwendolyn was right re use of capital letters meaning shouting and did not deserve the response given.

Second we, when we were working, were members of the Motorcaravanners Club and wnet on many weekend rallies all over the north of England. We did not however, go to the evening events, play bingo etc but used them as aires. That is arrived Friday evening, left end Sunday and did our own thing inbetween. You do not need to pre-book, we chose rallies in towns (eg Southport) or near public transport (eg Fleetwood) and used as we would aires in France. O.K. so the organisers might not have been overjoyed with us but we enjoyed our weekends and it kept us going until we could use the real thing. Now of course we just go to La Belle France.

Having just joined the Motor Caravaners' Club. We went to our 1st rally last weekend with the Anglia group who were having their Xmas party at Fakenham. We was most welcomed as new members and look forward to more events next year. My wife and I are not old fuddy duddies we are young sixty's and thoroughly enjoyed it. So for anyone looking to join this club on our experience you will be doing the right thing. Regards Debroy & Val.

Archived