Camping Card ASCI

kelly58

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EMS - 2011-12-28 9:05 PM

The cd has many more sites than the books so this year I have just ordered the cd and this includes the new id type card, the postage is the only extra. As we always take a laptop with us the cd is lighter than the books.

The DVD lists all ACSI inspected campsites but as has been pointed out not all of the campsites participate in the discount scheme. I find the DVD most useful for planning and you can set a filter just to show those sites that offer the discount as well as other filters to narrow down the list according to your own requirements.

David

Whilst not wanting to become involved with the discussion concerning the C&CC and also not advocating either the CCI card or the ACSI iD card, there does seem to be at least one major advantage with the CCI card. Its third party insurance cover is up to 2.5 million Swiss Francs (about £1.7 million) whereas, looking at the T&Cs of the ACSI iD card its is €2500 (about £2200).

We do use the ACSI Camping Card.

I have only glanced through this post so apologise if this point has been made before.

Cattwg :-D

We have bought the ACSI book for several years and through Vicarious books, have now got the card also, extremely good value with Vicarious books discount, we are also probably going to buy the DVD this year, we bought one several years ago but want to update, its useful if there's no ACSI discount site where you are going and often if a site is ACSI inspected they will give some discount with the card, often 10%.

Our books, card and carnet id card all arived together in one package. I bought with the ACSI site and went for the 2 yr direct debit deal. As yet, I cant see them having taken any money at all, nor, for that matter, set up the DD.

Still, it was very cheap and extremely useful.

gwyn - 2012-01-04 5:48 PM

Sorry meant to add also 3rd party insurance I think for many of us is valuless as most will already have insurance cover and you can't claim from more than one company for the same thing.

Slight misunderstanding, I think. It is the site that benefits from the value of the CCI insurance, not you. That is why many sites, even municipals, give a discount against the CCI.

Archived