I'm leaving for ever

art338

What abuse Mel?. Although I must admit the there do seem to be a few male self abusers on here.

Excluding myself of course, before anybody states otherwise. (lol)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Mel this is the best U.K. based motorhome forum.

Yes there are some 'difficult' individuals but they do not put us of posting, and we have taken stick given our very pro-aire and liberal (with a small l) views. But so what, we are more than happy to help where we can or if need be respond in a forceful, but good natured (we hope) way. So no need for anyone to leave, just respond to posters who clearly know little, but think they know a lot ,and show that the arguments they put forward do not stand up!

Jesus I thought over a year away things might of changed ..It just dont, do it !

Everyone attacks everyone how bloody stupid can it get .

Where is the season of good will to all .Answers on a postcard , I'll pop back next year and see.

Mods discusted in you lot as well, years ago we asked to do it ourselves and you wouldnt let us seems no one at your end wants the job so why not give the job to more sensible members whom certainly can;t do it any worse, in what you are doing by leaving this crap for everyone to see. As new members I wouldnt want to read this on the first page .

Now I am bloody angry at myself for bumping dam it :'(

OOps the mods seem to of thoughly abandon their post its letting swear words through now ...I rest my case .

Hi Art,

I am sorry anybody feels the need to leave through these reasons, obviously from where things are now the situation can only improve, just can't imagine it getting lower. Art , if you feel bad at the moment why not just take a short sabbatical and return when you feel things are ok. Your point and others on this thread should act a further indication to the individuals concerned[they know who they are] that most people want their positive contributions on the forum and not their venom.

good luck in whatever you decide

derek

Guest Peter James

On another forum the attention seeking 'I'm leaving' sympathy threads were flooding the board so much the moderators deleted them as soon as they appeared. But the forum remains as busy as ever and those who posted the 'Im leaving' threads are still there *-)

Feeling important

Some time when you're feeling important,

Some time when your ego's in bloom,

Some time when you take it for granted

You're the best qualified man in the room;

Some time when you think that your going

Would leave an un-fillable hole,

Just follow these simple instructions

And see how they humble your soul:

Take a bucket and fill it with water,

Put your hand in it up to your wrist,

Pull it out and the hole that remains

Is the measure of how you'll be missed.

You may splash as you please when you enter,

You may stir up the waters galore,

But stop - and you'll find in a minute

That it looks just the same as before.

The moral of this is quite simple:

Do just the best that you can,

Be proud of yourself, but remember:

There is no indispensable man.

by

Dwight L. Moody

Great posting Peter - but I don't think it can really be relevant to members of any forum.

(And I certainly don't think it applies to Art338)

As I see it no-one on any forum is actually " important " other than, without members, there would be no forum.

Some members' expertise is extremely useful, and valued - but I would suggest that most are just helpful from time to time relating to their own experience.

I'm sure I've come across this 'message' before when I was working in industry where it is VERY relevant.

It reminds me of a young pushy manager I knew who would threaten to resign on a regular basis until one day, he stormed into his bosses office, threatening to resign, and his boss simply said " We will be sorry to see you go but your resignation is very timely as we have some re-organisation in mind. Please let us have your letter by the end of next week"

Needless to say, he didn't resign - and didn't threaten to again.

:-D

Not really sure what this post is about. To me the forum hasn't changed one bit and is as it always has been, what is more it is no different to any other forum that I have looked at, at the end of the day no better no worse. Just my opinion of course.

Bas

Guest Tracker

Basil is of course quite right - nothing changes - only the names as people come and go!

When someone leaves for Ever I wonder wher they go - is it maybe to Ever-ton, Ever decreasing circles, Ever after or Ever hopeful - or somewhere completely different and Ever so nice?

Guest 1footinthegrave
I thought maybe he'd won the lottery or something and going off to a south sea paradise, or it was Nick Clegg having another tantrum. :D

I'm sorry that people who give their advice feel they are subject to inappropriate postings by others. Fortunately, I have been a member for a number of years and have only had two such incidents.

A member offended me on the Chatterbox forum. I sent a PM to the poster setting out why he offended me. He then published my PM on the forum without my permission and made a further derogatory remark. Sadly, I no longer read his postings and, if he upsets other people, there will come a time when nobody will care what he thinks so he'll be wasting his time. I don't look in Chatterbox any more.

In the second instance, it was just an honest mistake by a fellow motorhomer and quickly put right.

I do not know who are these 'trolls' or whatever term we use for those who seek confrontation and then resort to abuse. Who are they and why do we put up with them? I see comments like, "We know who they are" and yet I haven't noticed them.

As far as I know, I am not one of them although I have apologised on a couple of occasions for remarks I made that could have been misconstrued. I've had a lot of help and occasionally am able to proffer an opinion. If I am one of the troublemakers, will someone let me know.

stantheman - 2011-12-17 5:41 PM

I agree with all the negative comments made about this forum. I'm sure it was set up with the best of intentions but the Moderators have let it get out of control.

Can anyone give me the link to a decent Motorhome forum?

Depends what you mean by "decent"...

The MotorHomeFacts website has the most comprehensive motorcaravan forum

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/

but it's a 'pay' forum if you want to participate fully.

If you just want a motorhome forum with more 'moderation' than this one, then it's likely that any of the alternatives would do.

I have no objection whatsoever to the spats that go on. It's not my cup of tea but as they say it takes all sorts to make a world and if the spatters (Oxford dictionary please note new word) want to waste their time on such matters that's up to them I'm quite able to simply ignore them so no problem.

Guest Tracker
Derek Uzzell - 2011-12-18 6:46 PM

If you look at art338's profile, you'll see that his last logon was on 2011-12-12 at 11:30 AM

No disrespect to you Derek - but who really cares - every absentee has missed quite an interesting week on the forum - although I can't quite remember what made it any more interesting than any other week!

Oh I remember why it was so interesting - Postnote was missing for most of it!

Archived