Is this a rip off

richyp

ChrisB - 2011-12-15 3:42 PM

I think anything over and above the advertised price is a rip-off.

Just to widen this discussion a little what do you all think of the motorhome sellers who regularly advertise "From £30,300" and then (in the small print) add something like "plus £1500 on the road charges"?

I think it woulld be far more honest to headline the true cost and a dealer who does this is more likely to get my business.

What other shop (other than car sales) adds on delivery charges etc. to the "ticket" price?

I've never seen a washing machine advertised for e.g. £300 (small print plus £30 delivery to the shop), and many will deliver to your home all inclusive.

Now there's a thought for motorhomes ...

Chris

Personally, whenever I see the word " from " in front of a price I always assume that there is likely to be some sort of catch involved.

;-)

A little misleading I suppose but hardly a matter worthy of so much debate considering how much cheaper it works out compared with the same show at the NEC last year. My wife and I are planning to treat ourselves. We will still take our food in a backpack but this year we will leave the thermos at home and treat ourselves to a cup of coffee at the show! Last of the big spenders don't you know.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Perhaps a wider debate, perhaps by the MMM magazine as to why we the customers are asked to pay anything to go to these "shows" as it is patently absurd IMO, but as long as folk continue to pay, they'll keep taking the money.

• 2 weeks later...
Colin Leake - 2011-12-26 5:01 PM

As a pensioner and a member of The Caravan Club we can get in on the Tuesday for £4.50 on the door with no pre booking required so as us sophisticated Seniour Citizans would say. Yaaaa Booo Sucks!

Got to be worth an extra couple of quid per ticket NOT to go on the Caravan Club day. ;-)

Archived