New Spanish Camp Site

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Just wondering if anyone has stopped at a new camp site that is in the ACSI book this year called Camping Bardenas? If so what is it like please. It is between Pamplona and Zaragoza so would be a handy stop for us on route through Spain.

We went this way in January and it was a long, boring journey through to Kiko Park where we stayed for a few nights.

Sue

Sue -

We haven't stayed on the one that you refer to, but there is now a camping site on the northern outskirts of the city of Zaragoza that we've used a couple of times now, which does take ACSI.

It's a very useful stop-over site if you're travelling North-South or vice versa along that route, and you don't want to wild-camp.

It's actually a municipal site (ie it's run by the City Council, not by a private organisation).

Not a pretty site, it's large, with loads of gravel pitches running around a low mound/hill thingy.

It's more a sort of urban camping site than a countryside one.

But it's a proper camping site, the showers are good, the EHU and water and bar/restaurant and reception is all there, and if you have your own motorised transport (eg scooter), then it's a piece of cake to get into the city centre (which is actually well worth a good look around) from that site....it's too far and the roads are too busy to try it on pushbikes though I reckon. There are bus route nearby.

I don't know if it is in the new (ie 2012) ACSI book yet, as we've not yet got ours here in Spain, but if you want the satnav co-ordinates, PM either me, or better still the Tom-Tom expert, Sparkle (Kathy).

Or, if you're savvy, you can get them from their own website:

http://www.campingzaragoza.com/

To get there, even without the satnav, just come off the main road heading for Zaragoza Norte (north) and you'll pick up the signs for the site which take you straight to it - it's the only one signposted throughout the city.

Guest Tracker

I'm not an expert on Spain but doesn't that inland region get flippin cold and snowy in t'winter?

We've also followed snow ploughs in zero visibility up there and been mighty glad not to have needed to stop!

We've done the run from down from the aire at St Jean de Luz in France to the Med coast at Valencia very comfortably several times in one day as the roads are good with lots of free almost motorway style dual carriageway - with a lot of pay motorway alongside if you want to press on - which we never do - but it is quite a long way - about 400 miles I think!!

Tarragona is nearer at about 300 miles and also with a choice of free or pay roads for much of the way?

Guest pelmetman

Thanks for that Bruce B-)...........Is it open all year? I've looked at their website and can't find any opening dates, so assume hopefully their open all year, which would be nice as it's more in the middle of our route between Biarritz and Calpe :D

As for looking around Zaragoza it rather depends on the weather............... we will be fleeing South as fast as Horace will go (lol)

Dave

Archived