Cruise Control X250 3.0Ltr software fix?.

Earthmover

lennyhb - 2011-12-20 3:03 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2011-12-20 8:43 AM

Not sure what "When the set speed is increased by up to 150%" implies, but, if I were accelerating a motorhome with the cruise-control set to 65mph, I don't think I'd be much concerned if the system didn't disengage until the vehicle had passed 160mph.

Depends how you read it in my book its 97.5mph still a bit hairy in a coachbuilt :D

No - it's unarguably 160mph (or 162.5mph to be exact).

If the advert said "the set speed is increased by up to 50%", then a 97.5mph maximum would be right.: if it said "by up to 100%", then the maximum speed would be 130mph, etc.

As things stand, the data are plainly wrong and it's impossible to say whether the advert should read "the set speed is increased by up to 15%" (which would resemble what you mentioned earlier) or it's just an arithmetical mistake. The list of criteria appears elsewhere on-line (with or without the "When the OFF key of the control When module is pressed" typographical error), so the information is probably copied from the English (?!!?) instructions for the cruise-control kit.

Besides which, there's the question of what "up to" means in this context. There's no confusion regarding disengagement "When the set speed is reduced BY 50%" (ie. when a set speed of 65mph degrades to 32.5mph), so why doesn't it say "When the set speed is increased BY 15%/50%/150%"?

Derek,

As i said in my original post, i personally don't have any problems with the C/C on my M/Home or knowing how to use it. I was asking Euroserve (Nick) if he could confirm, that he knew of the stated software fix, which is related to on another M/Home forum. If he was able to confirm it's existance I would have added the details to my little black book for future reference. as I have already said, my local Fiat dealership knew nothing about it.

For the record the Ford/Fiat commercial dealership who claimed a fix was available, is,

Haynes - Maidstone, Kent . Named Contact - Steve in their Commercial reception.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Cheers EM.

Robinhood - 2011-12-19 12:48 PM

lennyhb - 2011-12-19 8:42 AM

Robinhood - 2011-12-17 11:48 AM

lennyhb - 2011-12-17 10:59 AM

colin - 2011-12-16 10:54 PM

It should not disengage if you use accelerator, you should be able to take foot off pedal and it should drop back to the set speed.

Not true, cruise controls are set to to disengage at 15% above the set speed.

.....that may be the case on some vehicles, (possibly even the Ducato) but it isn't anything I've experienced on either of my vehicles fitted with CC, and also isn't stated in the manual(s).

Just speaking from experience, the Ducato & my car do it & every car I have driven with cruise control has done it.

....well, as I say, it's not anything I've experienced using cruise control.

.....but, of course, I just had to re-convince myself. Having to go out this morning, I set the car on cc at 40mph, then accelerated to 60mph, and lifted off. CC took over when the speed had dropped to 40mph again (consistent with my memories of every vehicle I've driven with cc).

We've obviously driven very different vehicles. ;-)

I stand corrected Robin, got my figurers in a twist.

Drops out 15% below set speed and 50% above set speed.

Just been for a run in the car and confirmed it.

Earthmover - 2011-12-20 7:54 PM

Derek,

As i said in my original post, i personally don't have any problems with the C/C on my M/Home or knowing how to use it. I was asking Euroserve (Nick) if he could confirm, that he knew of the stated software fix, which is related to on another M/Home forum. If he was able to confirm it's existance I would have added the details to my little black book for future reference. as I have already said, my local Fiat dealership knew nothing about it.

For the record the Ford/Fiat commercial dealership who claimed a fix was available, is,

Haynes - Maidstone, Kent . Named Contact - Steve in their Commercial reception.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Cheers EM.

Haynes Maidstone are a Ford dealership NOT Fiat. As suspected the fix is for a Transit.

edit - apologies - looks like they do FIAT Professional and IVECO as well, but I still suspect it might be a transit fix or possibly IVECO.

lennyhb - 2011-12-21 2:33 PM

Robinhood - 2011-12-19 12:48 PM

lennyhb - 2011-12-19 8:42 AM

Robinhood - 2011-12-17 11:48 AM

lennyhb - 2011-12-17 10:59 AM

colin - 2011-12-16 10:54 PM

It should not disengage if you use accelerator, you should be able to take foot off pedal and it should drop back to the set speed.

Not true, cruise controls are set to to disengage at 15% above the set speed.

.....that may be the case on some vehicles, (possibly even the Ducato) but it isn't anything I've experienced on either of my vehicles fitted with CC, and also isn't stated in the manual(s).

Just speaking from experience, the Ducato & my car do it & every car I have driven with cruise control has done it.

....well, as I say, it's not anything I've experienced using cruise control.

.....but, of course, I just had to re-convince myself. Having to go out this morning, I set the car on cc at 40mph, then accelerated to 60mph, and lifted off. CC took over when the speed had dropped to 40mph again (consistent with my memories of every vehicle I've driven with cc).

We've obviously driven very different vehicles. ;-)

I stand corrected Robin, got my figurers in a twist.

Drops out 15% below set speed and 50% above set speed.

Just been for a run in the car and confirmed it.

....that makes much more sense to me. :-)

I suspect mine will cut out if it can't maintain the set speed (say uphill in top), but there are no figures quoted for the point at which it will.

This evening I had chance on quiet roads to check operation of cc, I set it at indicated speed of 41mph, twice I accelerated to just over 60mph and it dropped back to 41mph, then on third attempt got to indicated 66mph and once again it dropped back and maintained 41mph, at no time did the cc disengage without me touching brakes and/or clutch, at one stage I put it in 4th gear at 20mph and pressed resume and it accelerated uphill to 41mph, I was supprised it managed that with no trouble at all, as the hill had a fair gradient (for bedfordshire).

I do know it will drop out if it cannot keep to set speed as I've had it happen, but cannot confirm the exact criteria for this to happen, 15% sounds about right, doubt I'll have chance to try that until next easter.

Archived