el campello alicante

trickydicky

Not wildcamped near there, but there are two new ACSI sites in the new book -

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/spain/valencia/campsite-costa-blanca-106694/

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/europe/spain/valencia/campsite-el-jardin-120038/

You don't mention when you are travelling... but if before Jan 1st then you could just hunt around for a wildcamp and go on these camp sites if you have to and pay non ACSI price.

Living near the area, I would say there are probably nicer places to base yourself.... come a little further up the coast and you have the 2 Odissea Aires in Denia/Los Deveses and Calpe if you're looking to keep the price down. wildcamping is getting a little harder in these more built up areas, but if you keep everything inside the footprint of the van then you can 'park' up anywhere, although no motorhome signs are becoming more evident.

Have a look here http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=171305.0

I have not stayed there so I can't comment.

The old quay at Santa Pola is not to far away and I have stayed there, it's OK for a few nights.

There are other suitable wild sites if you go inland a bit, have a look at the Furgosperfectos website (see the link).

It depends to some extent how big your outfit is, we are not large so find we can stay at all sorts of places without problems. Church car parks, cemetaries (not on Sundays), bar car parks (have a drink and a meal and then ask). As mentioned above, no door mats, chairs, awnings, generators, or even steps, or you might get moved.

I usually park up by the beach for the day and go to the sleeping place just before bedtime and go after breakfast.

What the locals (and the police) don't like is the vans that do all the things they shouldn't and stay for weeks on end without moving.

If you don't find anything suitable PM me and I will dig out a few co-ordinates for you.

H

thanks for your replies.particuarly wanted to "widcamp" at elcampello just for one night.will take a look along seafront to see if any other vans are parked up,if not will go on one of the acsi sites.

by the way, all "wild camping" in santa pola has been stopped.when we passed through, the whole area was a demolition site,lots of work going on by the looks of it.

Hi trickydicky, a merry christmas to you. I have just spoken to a friend of mine that lives next door to Elcampello at Couveta Fuma . He said wild camping on the sea front (promenade) is not allowed, but if you drive along the sea front at Elcampello, north to south, just past the garage on the right, over the dry river bed, there is a turning to the right , you can overnight there.

Brian B.

although supposedly not permitted, wild camping is often done at the end of the beach. (far end, not the marina end). access is by a hotel, on the left hand side opposite the garage mentioned earlier.

there is also a car park at the end of the beach where the marina is, and i have seen vans overnight there, although i believe it was frowned on as it was sometimes left in a mess.

el campello is a lovely place and well worth sa visit., even if it means staying at bthe campsite (which is vey close to the beach and town, and has a large parking area in front of it!!!!)

I was in El Campello a few weeks ago and there's a lot of work taking place at that spot in El Campello, excavators etc. I doubt if you would be able to wild camp there at the moment. There is a spot near the entrance to the "new" marina where you would probably get away with an overnight stay. It's down by the side of the restaurant Villa Borghesa (spelling?). Maybe even try the marina itself? Don't recall seeing any signs to the contrary. There are public tiolets at the far end near the beacon. Enjoy your trip.

ike

I've recently spoken to my aunt who lives near El Campello. The spot mentioned by thebishbus is still available for camping. There were a few vans there just last week. The work that I saw going on is at another, nearby spot. El Campello is a nice little town with plenty of restaurants, supermarkets etc. Have a good time.

ike

Archived