Windscreen Sun Sheilds

Bernard

Hi- If you mean the covers to keep heat out and warmth in then Silverscreens or Taylormade both make these and both I think have web sites, both also advertize in MMM. You could also mean the rather old design idea as seen on some foriegn lorrys, made in metal and fixed either side by brackets, these I think you will not have much joy in obtaining for your vehicle, [ but you never know]. If the idea is to give some shade to the driver and cut down glare, then can only suggest the roll on PVC type that adhere to the inside of the screen, about 4" wide invarious colours, but you would need two rolls to cover your van, use to be sold in motor factor shops. Hope that helps. Chas

Thanks for your reply Chas - I am really looking for the outside type to bolt on the front - I am sure l recently saw an advertisement for these shields but my wife was too efficient and threw out the advert before l could store it. I will however keep hoping as the glare through my screen is at time intollerable Best regards Bernard

Hi Bernard, I know the idea that you are after and would suggest you look in at WH Smiths and have a look at the custom van type magazines, they can have a large range of bolt on /stick on type of accessories. Just one thought, low profile vans are great to avoid wind drag and look sleak and what you want will act as a bug catcher and possible increase your fuel costs, I knew I bought my van with the luton for something. Best of luck. Chas

Hi Fourwheels I have taken some photos to email to you all l need is an e-mail address. The Visor is made for a Boxer Van so if you have a roof overlaping in any way you will probably have to cut the Perspex as l have done - easily achievid with a sharpe hack saw and a lot of care. Also l advise that the visor is made up completely before drilling any holes and offer it up to the vehicle first, (2 people) as l found that the instructions were not quite right as far as posioning - each vehicle with roof structure needs dealing with seperately. Good Luck Bernard ;-)

Archived