Tunisia

lalapanzi

My husband and i have just got back from a 5 week holiday in Tunisia and have discovered it is motorhome friendly.We were staying in a hotel and spotted a motorhome parked up and went to speak to the owner. They were such a nice couple and came to the hotel and chatted to us. He was German and could not speak much english and we dont speak much german but we got by and spent two or more hours chatting and he showed us loads of pictures of his travels on his laptop.((we soon had plenty of guests looking at where they have been and where they would like to go) We found out that the youth hostels love to have motorhomes parked on their carparks and about £7 per night had water and waste disposal. There are campsites all over Tunisia which are very cheap with water electrics and wastepoints. You can cross from France or Italy on a ferry and takes about 21 hours,i was just wondering if any other member has been there and done that in Tunisia.

• 1 year later...

We're in Sicily right now and getting the ferry over to Tunisia on Saturday. It's over €300 one way from Palermo to Tunis, but €125 of that is for a pet friendly cabin and our dog as we couldn't camp on board and didn't want to put him in kennels.

Thanks for the tips above, any more would be much appreciated.

Julie

OurTour.co.uk

Archived