MEL B please

trickydicky

hi mel,hope you don't mind me asking but what is CFS please, only i have suffered the cold all my life and am desperate to find a remedy, apart from wearing 6 layers of clothes (can be quite uncomfortable & restricting).the doctor says there is no medical reason for my condition.i think otherwise.

happy new year.

Hi Dicky ... Peter beat me to it! :D

The item that Peter has found is interesting, but it does make me wonder how much it has been 'sponsored' by the MP company. The below are more informative regarding the condition itself:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chronic-fatigue-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome

Some people have more severe symptoms than others, some don't have all of the problems, other have everything! Fortunately I don't get totally 'floored' by it for the vast majority of the time, but do suffer badly from cold, being fuzzy headed, having difficulty concentrating etc, get a lot of joint pain especialy in my hands/arms, can tire easily and some days am very very drained so that the slightest work or activity can be hard going. My hubby can always tell when I need to have a sit down with a cuppa as I go very pale and my lips lose all their colour ... no I am not a zombie!!! :D

However I am on some medication (just over a year now) which, although not specifically for CFS, has the beneficial effect of lessening the pain side of things thus enabling me to do what I do (playing with my power tools :-D ).

I know how much of a nuisance it is when you feel the cold and others don't ... "Have you got any blood in your veins?" is just one of the often quipped comments or "Why are you cold?" as if I'm doing it on purpose! *-) Having to wear a jumper/jacket in summer when everyone else is going around in shorts and t-shirts is a nuisance but there's nowt I can do about it.

You might also like to check out Raynards disease which is a cold related illness.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Hi Mel B, I have been dogged with this ( CFS/ Fibro) since my late 30's although for many years told it was all in my head, and dished out with anti-depressants, and told to go away, I long ago gave up on the medical profession, so I have every sympathy with you, and coping with this debilitating " invisible" condition. To say it has a major impact on not only your life, but that of your immediate family is an understatement of monumental proportions. We still battle for answers, I too feel frozen all of the time, as well as the myriad of symptoms such as you describe, I particularly dread the onset of winter. Keep positive, this is now being researched more widely so there is at least a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now, even though I'm now 66 I live in hope of some answers one day so I can have my life back ;-)

hi all,

well,i'm glad to say i haven't got CFS,i am just COLD all the time.the doctor ruled out raynards disease.i can feel cold inside but am warmish to touch ! i don;t just get cold hands and feet,i am usually cold all over,back,legs and as for going sleeveless,forget it,just the thought of it makes me feel cold.i work in a bakery where it tends to be very warm but i still wear a thermal vest under my long sleeved shirt.everyone else wears short sleeved tops.roll on next tuesday,back to benidorm and some sun.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Mel B - 2012-01-02 8:27 PM

Hi 'foottie' :D

There was some research done at the Uniersity of Hull which found that eating dark chocolate (high cocoa content) can help apparently.

Here's some info about it.

Dark Chocolate and CFS

Just one snag ... I don't like dark chocolate! *-)

I'd eat camel dung if I thought it would help, so thanks for that, I'll give it a go and post back in couple of months, also looks like I need to get down Espana as well so it may be from there, cheers, :-D

Hey footie, I've not thought of camel dung, we don't get many of them round this way so can't really say if it'll help or not ... although I did see a fox walking down the street at lunchtime today ... not trying its poo though! :D

Just be grateful that you don't get hot flushes as well :$ ... just imaging, you're nicely wrapped up, lots of layers, then you suddenly get a hot flush and can't get your top layers of clothes off quick enough ... then 20 seconds or so later you're freezing again .... *-) Hopefully in Spain it won't matter so much! B-)

Archived