an easter break in Germany?

Guest JudgeMental

The moselle isn't that far to go and it's beautiful. We went in april 2010 and the weather was quite good. So many stellplatz's as well. It's so good we've been 3 times in 2 yrs.

Guest JudgeMental
peter - 2012-01-04 8:30 PM

The moselle isn't that far to go and it's beautiful. We went in april 2010 and the weather was quite good. So many stellplatz's as well. It's so good we've been 3 times in 2 yrs.

Thanks Peter, have been there in the summer....... that the weather in April has a chance of being OK is incouraging... will just book the tunnel and see what the weather is like. south of France would probably be a better bet but a bit far for 10 or even 14 nghts I think.

I have to agree with Peter we also love the Moselle and we seem to end up there every year for the last 5 years. Not as far though we came across a lovely place called Saarburg it is a lovely walk or bike ride from the Stal along the river and is very picturesque it has a waterfall running right in the middle of town, have a look on Google maps, I think its about 450mls from Calais. The weather is bound to be better there than here you could explore the area then let us know of what you have found were also undecided where to go next.

:-D

maggyd - 2012-01-04 9:22 PM

I have to agree with Peter we also love the Moselle and we seem to end up there every year for the last 5 years. Not as far though we came across a lovely place called Saarburg it is a lovely walk or bike ride from the Stal along the river and is very picturesque it has a waterfall running right in the middle of town, have a look on Google maps, I think its about 450mls from Calais. The weather is bound to be better there than here you could explore the area then let us know of what you have found were also undecided where to go next.

:-D[/quote

That looks a nice place maggyd, and with a decent size Stellaplaz also. Will try there next time we are in the area. Thanks. ;-)

Dave

You could have fun booking tunnel, we are going during school holls and the Friday they break up was a bit of a nightmare to get on. Did get on late crossing and will just turn up early as we always do. :-D :-D

We are doing Annecy again I think, was beautiful last year at Easter with only one shower over the whole 2 weeks.

Mandy

Guest JudgeMental
Mandy&Andy - 2012-01-05 6:28 AM

You could have fun booking tunnel, we are going during school holls and the Friday they break up was a bit of a nightmare to get on. Did get on late crossing and will just turn up early as we always do. :-D :-D

We are doing Annecy again I think, was beautiful last year at Easter with only one shower over the whole 2 weeks.

Mandy

Hi Mandy, what sort of temps was it at Easter? love Annercy have been 3 times....

Not sure about temps but must have been quite warm as daughter was swimming in outdoor pool on the site next to the lake. Excellent site and will be going back there again, right next to lake side and just under where all the sky divers drop.

Also found an excellent aire that had just opened next to the other lake, rubbish memory right now but next to Annecy.

Mandy

lennyhb - 2012-01-05 1:20 PM

Have to agree about the Moselle another area we like is around the Elbe south of Dresden, beautifully restored paddle steamers run up the Elbe to Dresden.

Been there in early May weather similar to UK.

It is an area we have enjoyed a lot, having stayed at Königstein a couple of times. Cycling is good, there are river trips. the scenery is spectacular around the Bastei, and the railway makes a day out in Dresden very cheap and easy. (There are some decent Stellplätze as well as the campsites).

I'm wary of recommending it in this context, however, as the general weather outlook in Dresden in March/April is somewhat cool.

JudgeMental - 2012-01-05 10:28 AM

Mandy&Andy - 2012-01-05 6:28 AM

Mandy

Hi Mandy, what sort of temps was it at Easter? love Annercy have been 3 times....

Dortmund is about the same latitude as where you live, and Munich is about the same a Orleans, on the Loire, so bearing in mind the effect of altitude (central Germany is generally higher than south east England) I would expect much the same Easter weather and temperatures as here. If you want warmer, as a general rule, you'll need to cross the Alps or Pyrenees, or get south of Valence in France (but not on the French massif).

Archived