Site in or near Torquay

crbtaylor

You might get appropriate recommendations if you say what type of site you're looking for.

However, to start you off, if you are happy with basic, and relatively cheap, if you are in the C&CC there is a Temporary Holiday Site in a cracking location in Brixham for most of the month of May.

It's in the rally field at

http://www.centrytouring.co.uk/index.htm

....which (as a touring site) looked fairly good value to us when we were on the THS, and has the benefit of hook-ups and toilet block.

Walkable into Brixham, (short but downhill) then bus or boat around most of Torbay.

I was more interested in the type of site, rather than the vehicle. ;-)

(i.e. full facility, basic, quiet, etc.).

The THS takes all units (as long as you are in the C&CC), the touring park definitely takes all units.

The THS would be described as basic (tap and waste disposal), but had very basic toilet and shower facilities when we were there (sometimes not up to the demand).

The Centry Park site was small and very pleasant, but not all singing, all dancing, and the facilities looked adequate.

The location, almost in Brixham, if you are prepared to walk, means you don't really need to move the van off-site for anything.

If you want an excellent commercial site,we stayed at teh following in March/April last year. It has an excellent location at Goodrington,Paignton, and you can walk to Brixham, or Torquay, plus there are buses very close by. Ther are superb views acrossTorbay. Very good for leaving the motorhome on site, though it is hilly!!!

Standard pitch price May 7-31 is £17.80 inc electric/ 2 persons.

www.beverley-holidays.co.uk

Hope this may help.

Keith

The motorhome.touring site is within 'Beverley Park' area.

We went to this site near to the end of the season one year. It was really quiet, but I am not sure I would want to visit in high season due to the clubhouse sort of facilities. It is easy to get to and and I would agree with other contributors as to location. B-)

Archived