Gas bottles in Spain

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Just bought a 11kg bottle from the gas man that delivers to the site daily 18 euro's........bought a pipe and regulator from builders merchants across the road for less than 7 euro's :D

The best bit is........... to get a refill..................5 euro's................delivered B-)

P1000051web.jpg.1870d060989899b181b86112f0d2b774.jpg

Guest Tracker

Sounds reasonable Dave - can we assume that you are in Spain then!

What's the weather like today where you are Dave!

It's warm, dry and sunny here in glorious Norfolk!

PS - How do you shut the van door and still have a gas supply!

Guest pelmetman

Hi Rich its lovely and warm here in Calpe on Sea although the forecast was just 15c 8-).........I've had to come indoors as I'm turning pink :D

Re the gas point at the moment I'm leaving the door ajar as you can see from the pic, I can route it through the gas drop if I want but that means it more hassle when we want to drive off ;-)

5 euro for a refill makes you wonder why camping gaz is so dam expensive 8-) although in general we are finding Spain much cheaper than France and of course Britain *-).............I can see why people come here for the winter, the cost of living is so much cheaper, on site a 3 course meal glass of wine 9 euro's :D.........I'm going to be as fat as a house and bright pink by the time we leave (lol) (lol)

Guest Tracker

I can see that I will have to persuade Dot that it is worth the effort for a bit of winter warmth!

Are you on a site? Is it any good?

Knowing you it is bound to be sensibly priced?

I seem to recall that Bruce (BGD) and Kathy are around the Altea area - I think - and they know all the best eateries for 100 miles in all directions!

Guest pelmetman
Camping Calpe Mar B-)...............16 euros ACIS card cheaper if you stay for 30 days or more although electric is then extra which probably explains why the gas man calls daily ;-).........Pitches have their own water and drainage, showers are excellent, washing machines 2 euros and free iron.........and we have managed to get one of the best pitches with sun all day B-)

P1000045web.jpg.95fa4103412e52ccf57528222382cf9f.jpg

Guest pelmetman
JamesFrance - 2012-01-09 5:12 PM

Dave are you sure about a refill being 5€? it seems about 10€ less than normal.

You could try the Chinese restaurant near the Levante beach and over the low hill from the port if you like a good all in food bargain.

Well that's what he told another camper who was after another bottle whilst he was delivering to us 8-)................I'll double check tomorrow ;-).................I must admit 15 euro's would be nearer what we paid to fill our 11kg refillable last May :D

pelmetman - 2012-01-09 3:09 PM

Just bought a 11kg bottle from the gas man that delivers to the site daily 18 euro's........bought a pipe and regulator from builders merchants across the road for less than 7 euro's :D

The best bit is........... to get a refill..................5 euro's................delivered B-)

... but probably another 10 euros to get him to let go of it!!!! :D

Couldn't agree with you more Dave, especially as we're on the same row as you at Calpe Mar. Also, we found the Saturday market , located just behind the site, excellent for leather goods. There's a Wednesday flea market as well.

Archived