Seafrance Gone Bust

mike 202

Hopefully no one on the forum is booked with Seafrance in the near future. Nearly booked with them but because of previous press gave them a wide berth.

I trust that those mere expert in travel to the continent will be along to offer advice to those caught up with Sea france.

Sorry missed the Previous posts

Mike

At least 3 of us contributing to this forum had a full refund for crossings booked for later in 2012 when we contacted SeaFrance in November when they ceased operating. In each case the SeaFrance member of staff was very helpful and immediately authorised a full refund. The refund went onto our credit cards immediately.

According to BBC TV news yesterday, anyone with SeaFrance bookings will obtain a full refund. My advice (for what it is worth) would be for such people to ring SeaFrance asap.

We had used SeaFrance for over a decade and always found the company to be efficient and helpful. We will miss travelling with them.

I agree about the service provided by Seafrance. But at the end of the day the French unions killed the goose. I hope they learn a lesson. We do need competition for the Dover-Calais route as I find the P&O boats and staff less attractive than the Seafrance from a customer viewpoint.. Perhaps its because you feel like you are in France immediately you board the boat. On the other hand if the French were having yet another strike at Calais i would be very pleased to see P&O alongside! Do you remember seeing those yanks so pleased to see the Royal navy when it errumpted a few miles south of us? It would be a bit like that.

Sorry, I am in waffle mode.

C.

Archived