UMWELT STICKER

Mickt

There is no commonality.

If you want to buy one for Germany, the most convenient way of pre-buying one (and almost the cheapest you'll get one anyway) is by using:

https://www.berlin.de/labo/kfz/dienstleistungen/feinstaubplakette.shop.en.php

....which will cost you €6 and is payable by credit card (and they have no difficulty with foreign registered vehicles).

They are readily available at vehicle dealerships and TÜV stations in Germany, but some have difficulty in intepreting foreign registration documents, and the cheapaest charge you are likely to find is €5, anyway.

Robinhood - 2012-01-10 7:11 PM They are readily available at vehicle dealerships and TÜV stations in Germany, but some have difficulty in intepreting foreign registration documents, and the cheapaest charge you are likely to find is €5, anyway.

This is the route we took but it may take you (accidentally maybe) into an umwelte zone - which you're not allowed to do without the sticker of course! Unfortunately sat-navs don't have an 'avoid umwelte zone' option so we did infringe zone rules 'slightly' but also we did eventually manage to find our target Mercedes garage complete with TUV office and did get our sticker for 5€ easily enough. If you can get one on-line for under 10€ I'd say that will be the least stressful way to go.

I agree the Berlin website is cheapest if you want to get one in advance.

I have just ordered one which cost £5.30 with the exchange rate.

Be careful as some websites charge a lot more TUV want €12.50 and there are imitation "official" sites that charge up to €30

Steve

Homenaway - 2012-01-10 10:00 PMI agree the Berlin website is cheapest if you want to get one in advance.

I have just ordered one which cost £5.30 with the exchange rate.

Be careful as some websites charge a lot more TUV want €12.50 and there are imitation "official" sites that charge up to €30

Steve

Arrived today and cost £5.13 so a bargain :-)

Steve

Quote from the Berlin website dealing with the Umwelt issue:

http://www.stadtentwicklung.berlin.de/umwelt/luftqualitaet/de/luftreinhalteplan/download/Umweltzone_Broschuere_en.pdf

"PM 5 applies to Euro 3 and Euro 4 diesel engine passenger cars that already meet the PM limit value of 0.005 g of particulate matter per km as prescribed under the future standard Euro 5. These vehicles also get the green windscreen sticker."

So the answer is that you will get a green Euro 4 sticker.

Thank you for your reply - I should have known better - I have a brother who lives in Germany and his son in law owns a garage where I will have to change my tyres for the w&s for winter driving through Germany. I wonder why the companies dont just put them on all vans

Archived