Recording TV whilst in the Motorhome

Keith T

We have recently purchased a new generation LED TV for the motorhome which has a DVD Disc player inbuilt, and also a 'record' facility on USB.

We are hoping to get away shortly within the UK, and I would be interested to have any inof some of you may have about this facility. Is if easy to use, can you set it to record whilst you are not in the motorhome, and if you are in, is it fair to asssume it will only record what you are watching. The USB provided was 8GB, how much time will this hold? I asume to only works on Digital?

Weare very ploesed with the quality of the product ( Cello branded) on 'live' TV and DVDs, and sixze-wsie we managed to get 19" screen within the same 'fascai'measurements as the prvious 15" one, and about half the thivkness, and half the weight of teh previous one.We also found that even on CC sites which show 'poor' TV, we get get a very good signal on Digital without using their booster system.

Any information will be helpful,thanks.

It's a handy feature but with limitations. The tv has a single tuner which means you can not watch one program and record another. You can also also only record one program at at time. The memory provided will give you about 3 hours of recording on standard definition. We have the same facility on our Avtex. I have tried it and it is simple and effective to use. Having said that I must confess that with so much to do on holiday we have never actualy bothered to use the facility.

The CC club tends to be a bit behind the times with their signal information being related to the old analog days. Digital signals where the switchover has been completed tend to be very strong. So much so that on some sites we have had to turn off the standard booster on our arial completely to avoid the signal swamping the entertainment centre built into our AutoTrail.

Thanks for all these answers - I guess the leaflet which came with the set may well show some of the information, but I did not find it on first reading trhough very logical. Probably if i come to use the facility, and follow through step by step it may make more sense!

The thought of recording at home to a USB would only work if the main set at home had that facility AND we had digital TV here, which as I mentioned we don't, well only via Freesat, which does not record with the single sky socket in our flat!

I'm more than happy to take DVDs just in case we have a wet day when away and nothing else inspires us!!

As far as music is concerned.I have an i-touch which has many hours to listen to, and also have a very small SONY Radio,which plays via Headphones and is really excellent,so well catered for on that side of things. Personally I would do without the TV.....but thats onlymy view!!!! I tend to listen to the music, whilst my wife watches the TV..........

hotwheels - 2012-01-12 10:33 PM

you could also use it to record all your favourites at home, to replay when you are away. you could have a library of usb's!!! better than cassettes or dvd's regarding weight and space???

Only possible if your 'home TV' has this facility - the OP's new TV is for the MH so to have this indoors just to record a few programs is a bit of a pain.

If you need to watch/record TV in the van in my view is there are two sensible solutions which are far better than faffing around with a 'halfway house' USB stick..........

a) if you subscribe to Sky then use a dish (portable or fixed) and take your Sky+ box with you to watch previously recorded programs or watch/record new stuff.

b) if you are not a Sky subscriber then do as above with a decent Freeview+ box like a Humax or a Freesat+ box like a Humax.

rgds,

Archived