Route high alps

rupert123

Beautiful scenery. Thanks for posting them - tell me please. Are these single track roads? If so, how often (approximately) do passing places occur? I'm well used to travelliing along single track routes in Scotland but these roads seem a different 'kettle of fish'. How long does this part of your journey take? If you meet up with traffic coming in the opposite direction; who takes precedent? No doubt the biggest!!

Again thanks for posting the photos - pity more don't add some of their photos as it would make this site much better.

Perhaps also; could we have less of the sniping from contributers? I, along with the majority of others who visit this site do so to learn from each other & share our experiences & joy of motorhoming. Sure we can give constructive answers but some of the comments I read are pretty awful & I wouldn't want to be sharing a site with those who take pleasure in mocking & 'name calling'.

Regards,

Roy

Birder - 2012-01-15 9:20 PM

Beautiful scenery. Thanks for posting them - tell me please. Are these single track roads? If so, how often (approximately) do passing places occur? I'm well used to travelliing along single track routes in Scotland but these roads seem a different 'kettle of fish'. How long does this part of your journey take? If you meet up with traffic coming in the opposite direction; who takes precedent? No doubt the biggest!!

Again thanks for posting the photos - pity more don't add some of their photos as it would make this site much better.

Perhaps also; could we have less of the sniping from contributers? I, along with the majority of others who visit this site do so to learn from each other & share our experiences & joy of motorhoming. Sure we can give constructive answers but some of the comments I read are pretty awful & I wouldn't want to be sharing a site with those who take pleasure in mocking & 'name calling'.

Regards,

Roy

If you do a search using my name as the author you will find an account of the route. The problem with this forum is it is pretty awkward to put a number of pictues on. Their may be an easy way but I could not find it. The route varies, some roads are pretty wide but some, as pictured, are not, you just have to do a bit of manoeuvreing on occasion.

Archived