interesting change to campsite booking on CCC website

josie gibblebucket

nuevoboy - 2012-01-18 4:34 PM

Is it possible somehow to find a list of their sites that are simply open during the winter and select from the few?

I'm not sure if it does that or not?...although you'd think you should do,as it seems daft to bring up sites which aren't open for the dates you've submitted?!

..the "Late Availablity" tab on the site search page,does show 3 weekends ahead and that only shows sites that are...well..available. ;-)

malc d - 2012-01-18 4:41 PM

Is it possible somehow to find a list of their sites that are simply open during the winter and select from the few?

The sites index in the back of the CCC sites book tells you which sites are open all year.

We had this same issue, however if you put 'open all year' in the search box on either of the main club sites you will get a list including a PDF or equvalent to that produced in their booklets.

Just then browse this (very) restricted list.

pepe63 - 2012-01-18 4:52 PM

I'm not sure if it does that or not?...although you'd think you should do,as it seems daft to bring up sites which aren't open for the dates you've submitted?!

..the "Late Availablity" tab on the site search page,does show 3 weekends ahead and that only shows sites that are...well..available. ;-)

Oops! sorry,I've misread you post :$ ..I thought you were looking on the CC site.....

Guest 1footinthegrave
Re interesting change to campsite booking CCC, would be better described as bloody nonsensical, infuriating, ill conceived change to blah blah blah, as for getting them to listen, I would not hold your breath, club indeed >:-)

Just received the latest C&CC magazine today and in it, on page 22, is a small 5-line note saying that ''the Club's web team has worked to find solutions to improve the booking experience following the launch of the new booking system and in early January introduced specific tools to make this possible''. Has anyone noticed any improvement? It goes on to ask members to bear with the club during the implementation of further enhancements. At this rate the coming season will be well under way before we can book anywhere on-line.

paulmold - 2012-01-18 7:52 PM

Just received the latest C&CC magazine today and in it, on page 22, is a small 5-line note saying that ''the Club's web team has worked to find solutions to improve the booking experience following the launch of the new booking system and in early January introduced specific tools to make this possible''. Has anyone noticed any improvement? It goes on to ask members to bear with the club during the implementation of further enhancements. At this rate the coming season will be well under way before we can book anywhere on-line.

Great bit of spin that:

" The clubs web team has worked to find solutions ........

= The clubs web team have found a lot of problems

" ...in early January introduced specific tools "

= in early January they tried to fix 'em

That's PR for you. It's an art form

:-D

Complained last night about the now unfathomable booking system and received a fairly patronising and waffly reply (much as expected) which made me wonder who the customer was and why I bothered in the first place. At least I got a reply. Don't expect any improvements anytime soon - apparently the "improvements" are to increase campsite useage......

Archived