A bit of charity info

Guest pelmetman

At last, something we may agree on and thank you for posting that link. It really is amazing how little some of these people earn.

When you know about the size and complexity of the organisations that they're in charge of, and what they could earn in the 'normal' private sector, or even in the public sector as the head of a town council for instance, it makes you grateful that there are people out there who will be prepared to make sacrifices when they join such worthwhile charities.

My only hope, as I sure you agree, is that some of them have at least doubled since 2003. My God, how does someone living in London and running a massive organisation, manage on such a low income?

Greetings from Portugal and Spain.

Edited to say: Following a link in your link came up with this, which supports our view about the poor pay levels in charities. It turns out that charity bosses earn about 20% less than their public sector equivalents. And just imagine how much less they earn than top private sector executives? Thank you again for the link, it really has opened my eyes about how poorly paid these people are.

It's also from the Guardian by the way.

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-01-23 3:10 PM

Greetings from Portugal and Spain.

Afternoon Francis ;-).................How do you manage to be two places at once? :D

I suppose 60 to 70k in 2003 wasn't a lot of money to some 8-)..................I thought I was doing quite well on that sort of money then :-D

Now I have a fraction of that and managing to enjoy our lives even more..........its not what you've got, but what you do with it that matters.... I guess ;-)

Archived