New choice of Panel van layouts

Guest JudgeMental

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave

Would be interesting to know if they have retained the factory rear doors, but what a neat idea for those that dislike the large sliding door. I wonder if it could be retrofitted to an existing conversion,mmmmm

Ah yes, wrong side for us ! !

Looks very neat, but I can't find any drawn layout plans. Are there any?

Haven't a clue, why would you want them?

Ooh!..I like that door arrangement Pete!..a slider AND a small habitation door... 8-)

(..now all they've got to do, is to put it on the "proper" side... (lol) )

Could be wrong, but I don't think the 'sliding' part is retained with the conversion, its just a mould that is fitted where the sliding door used to be.

I daresay it would cost too much to produce a RHD version to make it viable.

gives a bit more flexability of door opening like the old VW or some US dayvans which have double side doors.

If you check the link I think they do a double sidedoor option as well.

Pete

peejay - 2012-01-31 7:08 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-01-31 6:59 PM

You dont need to live with the sliding door if its a deciding factor.... At least two German company's replace it with a GRP panel with a normal caravan door.

You mean like these....

http://wohnmobile-mk.de/Reisemobilbau/index.php/wohnmobil-tur-system/

Pete

Sorry, but I can't copy the jpeg, so will just comment.

Nice idea, if the sliding door still worked, which with the fridge vents as shown it clearly doesn't.

Ignoring the attractions of a large side door and sticking something across half of it is ok, but blinkered thinking.

We really like having a large door to open and sit in, looking over the view; whenever possible.

I'm sure it could be made to work as a slider with habitation door and window; and it would solve my main criticism of our van; the noise it makes after lights out if we need to go out for some reason.

Now could I buy a scrap slider and give it a go??

Happy camping

alan b

snowie - 2012-01-31 10:24 PM

[

Sorry, but I can't copy the jpeg, so will just comment.

Nice idea, if the sliding door still worked, which with the fridge vents as shown it clearly doesn't.

Ignoring the attractions of a large side door and sticking something across half of it is ok, but blinkered thinking.

We really like having a large door to open and sit in, looking over the view; whenever possible.

I'm sure it could be made to work as a slider with habitation door and window; and it would solve my main criticism of our van; the noise it makes after lights out if we need to go out for some reason.

Now could I buy a scrap slider and give it a go??

Happy camping

alan b

Look again at the link and you will see that the door still slides. They don't all have fridge vents

peejay - 2012-01-31 8:23 PM

Looks very neat, but I can't find any drawn layout plans. Are there any?

Haven't a clue, why would you want them?.......................Pete

So that I can see how the layout works on paper. Far cheaper than schlepping off to Germany just to have a look. Most firms seem to put their layouts on their websites.

Personally we like the sliding door...We have a zipped mosquito net that fits the large opening from Reimo.de

;-)

I've looked through the Reimo site but can't find the mosquito net. Have you a link?

Thanks.

Guest JudgeMental
Mike88 - 2012-02-01 2:42 PM

Personally we like the sliding door...We have a zipped mosquito net that fits the large opening from Reimo.de

;-)

I've looked through the Reimo site but can't find the mosquito net. Have you a link?

Thanks.

under " conversion technologies" on left scroll to "windows for vans" then scroll down to "insect net for vans" and they are listed there...(in case link dont work)

http://www.reimo.com/en/D-accessories/DU-windows_accessories/DUS-insect_nets_for_vans/

then contact UK Reimo agent and they will supply at an equivalent € - £ price

Archived