Mattress Toppers

Dimples

Guest Tracker

We too use Raskelf Duvalys and they do smooth out joins as long as the cushion joins are tight and not sloppy enough for the topper to slide down the gap.

They also very quickly and easily make up on a bed that is designed for sitting on rather than sleeping on and they make it somewhat softer - cheap they are not - but fair vfm and well worth having we consider!

I had a Raskelf 1" topper and didn't find it much help. However, I have used my sister's Duvalay which is a bit thicker and found it brilliant - the bed without it had been much too hard for me. I have a Raskelf memory foam pillow and use it all the time, love it, but it is an acquired taste I think.

Thanks for all your responses which are very helpful.

I do have a Raskelf topper which I agree is very comfortable but don't really have the storgae space, hence the reason for asking about the Zonesleep.

Anyone else had experience of using a Zonesleep? Your views would be much appreciated. It gets great reviews for heat management but just need to know if it smooths out the bumps from cushion joins/gaps, etc.

Thanks

I'm not sure how much comfort the Zonesleep topper will give due to it's thickness.

But I am a fan of the "Coolmax" covers.

We purchased a Coolmax cover for a change over (whilst washing) the standard cover on a Tempur Memory Foam Mattress, (at home)

The "Coolmax" certainly lives up to it's name & is much more comfortable & cooler to sleep on, than standard memory foam mattress covers.

We have subsequently purchased made to measure Memory Foam toppers for the Motorhome with Coolmax covers from:-

http://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk/pages/Made-to-Measure-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Service.html

Worth the cost (to us) but they do take up a lot of storage space.

Guest 1footinthegrave

We had two standard single toppers ( 1 inch thick ones ) for our van, but immediately realised the storage problem as Flicka rightly points out, they are bulky,and consequently we had a problem with where to put them, they were also too wide and had to overlap on another. Folding them each morning and putting them away was like taking on a Sumo wrestler, and they had to be stored in the loo when on the road, far from ideal.

Then I had a thought, we were only aware of cushion joins on our upper body when the bed was made up, so I cut the toppers in half,I then further "fine tuned" the pads to just 30 inches long, just supporting from our shoulders down, I also cut the width down to fit our overall bed space width this has proved to be an excellent solution for us, and just as comfortable as when they were the full 6 foot by 3 foot originals, job done as they say. might be worth a try for you. Just wished I'd had the brain wave to begin with and saved myself some hassle ;-)

If you need a topper of some sort, and storage is an issues, what about roll-up self-inflating camping mats/mattresses? They aren't always very wide so you need to check on sizes, but they do go quite small and are quick and easy to deploy and put away.

Archived