Hotel/BB in Hull Area

PJay

Hi All

Need some advise. I am trying to find Hotel/BB for Sunday night around the Hull Area

We have to collect our Van from Swift factory , and will be hiring a car to get there. Need a room for Sunday night, in order to drop car off on Monday , (They will take us to Cottingly) As we are not familiar with the area, am having trouble looking. All we need is somewhere to sleep and have breakfast next morning

I know some of you live this area , and would be pleased if you could recommend somewhere, at such short notice

PJay

PJay - 2012-01-27 9:36 AM

Hi All

Need some advise. I am trying to find Hotel/BB for Sunday night around the Hull Area

We have to collect our Van from Swift factory , and will be hiring a car to get there. Need a room for Sunday night, in order to drop car off on Monday , (They will take us to Cottingly) As we are not familiar with the area, am having trouble looking. All we need is somewhere to sleep and have breakfast next morning

I know some of you live this area , and would be pleased if you could recommend somewhere, at such short notice

PJay

As you don't state where you are dropping the car off at, I can only assume somewhere in the city centre at budget office maybe? If so there are plenty of budget hotels around there. Try this link for clean and comfy

http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

Mike

Hi guys , thanks for replies. Have booked Premier Inn. Looks good and £100.00 for room, Dinner and Breakfast, for two, pretty good value. I was suprised how few places there where to choose from

Had a Senior Moment re Cottingham/Cottingley (Very Senior birthday on Monday 30th)

Just hope that it does not snow, up in the wilds (Well to us southerners ) of Yorkshire, but a beautiful county

PJay

Hi PJay

I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier - you could have stayed with us! We're only a mile away from Swift ... *-)

When your car collection driver takes you to Swift the quickest way is:

1. From the Premier Inn, once at the main road, go left at the roundabout on to Raich Carter Way

2. Go straight on at the next roundabout which takes you across the river Hull bridge

3. At the roundabout turn right (3rd exit) onto the A1174 towards Beverley

4. Take the next left at Dunswell into Dunswell Lane

5. Follow road as it takes you out of the village and you'll travel along a winding bit of country road passing under the main A1079 (where it changes name to Dunswell Road)

6. When you have gone round a long left hand bend you'll find the Swift factory is located on the left side of the road.

As for BB/guest houses - there are quite a few in Cottingham but as it's a 'village' rather than a town, there aren't really any hotels a such as you've found.

Archived