How old is my van?

Guest peter

hi peter , sorry to hear the problems you are having i dont want to add to them but .....are you using the motorhome ? if so i would speak to you insurance company (or not its a grey area)as you may find out you are not coverd seeing as the motorhome has diferent vin numbers ,engine cc ect it has a very suspect history posibly stolen at some point i can't see dvla messing it up with the year ,engine size and vin numbers ? so if i was you i would make sure the motorhome stays out of harms and unused because if anything did happen to it and the insurance company refused to pay out you stand to lose all hope it all works out well for you phil

Guest peter
Problem now over after a solicitors letter to White Arches threatening court action. Money returned, have now bought a Rapido 710f a much better van. Tha Hymer tought me the kind of van I did not want. So White Arches did me a favour in end as I would not have been happy with it. I wanted a low profile in the first place but could not afford it 'til this Rapido turned up, and as I no longer had a P/X I got a good deal on it from Brownhills, what a difference to my very unpleasant experience with White Arches. I wouldn't recomend anyone to deal with that lot. Trading standards are currently investigating with a view to prosecution. I hope they do, it will serve them right.

Guest peter
Thank's guys, I am chuffed to bits and can't wait 'till this weekend when we pick it up. It is a much more modern looking van than the Hymer and it's got the 2.8 engine, so should go well in a smallish van. I had a look in White Arches today and they have the Hymer back up at the same price of £16995 (for a 1994). Christ I only paid just over £17k for my 1999 Rapido. And they have not had the registration changed to represent it's true age so it's showing as a V reg' (2000) instead of a L or M (1994). My god have they got some nerve. I hope some other poor sucker doesn't see the "V" reg' and think it's a 2000 model, because I bet the dealer won't point it out to them.

Archived