Staveley Head Insurance Brokers - anyone had expeerience of them?

Charles Chodkowski

Our motorhome insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks and Safeguard are quoting us £566.97 for renewal with Allianz - that includes protected no claims, European breakdown cover and legal protection, there is a £250 vehicle excess and £100 glass excess and 8000miles estimated milage. Stavely Head are quoting £359.81 for a policy with Insurance Enterprise for very similar cover - some £200 cheaper!

Has anyone expeerience of these two companies?

I have been with Staveley Head for my taxi a few years back but not for the motorhome. They are only brokers and as such are probably no better or worse than any other broker. This year from other forums and my own experience, Highway Policies (part of LV, Liverpool Victoria) seem to be the cheapest so find a broker who deals with them. I got mine through The Insurance Factory but I think Frank Pickles also deals with them.

• 10 months later...
hi, just to let anyone know for what ever reason they are considering using staveley head not to, i have just spoken to a manager of the company he was a right arrogant person, i was miss sold a policy that i didnt want or need (eccess waiver insurance), my original quote of £95 went up by £20 a month because they wouldnt allow my paper licence so they removed me from the policy, when my new licence came 3 days later they added me back on the policy costing an extra 50 admin fee. i havent got to the bottom of where the other £15 has come from. totally unproffessional, arrogant and unhelpful.

• 2 weeks later...
I had insurance with staveley head for my last motorhome - around renewal time i bought a new motorhome, before i bought it i asked for a quote off staveley head. As it iwas close to renewal theu said they couldn't give me an exact quote and stated a ball-park figure and certainly no higher than £300. When I bought the new motorhome i was charged an extra £200! won't be renewing with them next year

Archived