Digital Magazine

Autocruising

Hi

Have you tried looking for pocket mags in your browser, download it, then look for MMM, in the search..

Or whatever mag you want.. Not sure if this will work or is what you want, so will apologise in advance if not.

Have not tried this myself but looked at some of my e.mails that I get from OAALive

Derek

Derek

Thanks for the reply I did register an account with Pocketmags and at the time thought I would then be directed to simply downloading what I had purchased. including this months issue. It appeared that if you wanted this months issue I needed to contact their Help line by emai. ( If you ring nobody answers just refers you to email). The response I got even after telling them my User Name for pocketmags was to register with Pocketmags and download the appropriate Apps. which was only Itunes or Android. I emailed again asking what Apple and Android had to do with me simply downloading to my Hard Drive and got no reply.Very frustrating when you have paid your money. >:-(

This is what MMM say in their latest News Letter,

1 Click here to go straight to the MMM page on pocketmags.com 2 Click on the issue that you wish to buy 3 This issue/issues will be added to your trolley and you can go to the checkout to pay for it 4 After logging in (if you have used pocketmags before) or registering (new users), you can go to the payment area 5 Once you have paid for your copy/copies, you can go to ‘my magazines’ and it will display all the magazines you have purchased 6 You can now view a digital copy of MMM on your computer.

Point 6 unless I am reading it wrong says download to my Laptop. Below is the answer I got from Pocket Mags who I simply asked how to obtain and read on my Laptop MMM.

Issues can't be downloaded to the hard drive as yet, they require a connection at all times. I would expect this to change by March however

DISGUSTED

COULD NOT BE BOTHERED TO EXPLAIN HOW I COULD IF SO READ IT ON A LAPTOP

This is quite interesting, and being away a lot of the time in the Motorhome, it would be nice to have the latest copy of MMM to read.However, when this wasa first mooted,I am sure I read that you cannot 'retain' it on your hard-drive, whcih to me seems utterly pointless.

Firstly, does this mean you need to a live connection to the internet to be able to actually view/read it?

Secondly, how long is it available for?

Finally, I like to read and re-read bits from time to time, and therefore tend to retain the paper copies for a few months, and indeed often save them up to take away in the motorhome. Only a pdf version would give this facility, I think, and I cannot see the point of any other means. We also have a Kindle, but I think it is not available in that format, and even if it was, think the screen may well be too small!

Autocruising - 2012-01-29 5:04 PM

1 Click here to go straight to the MMM page on pocketmags.com 2 Click on the issue that you wish to buy 3 This issue/issues will be added to your trolley and you can go to the checkout to pay for it 4 After logging in (if you have used pocketmags before) or registering (new users), you can go to the payment area 5 Once you have paid for your copy/copies, you can go to ‘my magazines’ and it will display all the magazines you have purchased 6 You can now view a digital copy of MMM on your computer.

Point 6 unless I am reading it wrong says download to my Laptop. Below is the answer I got from Pocket Mags who I simply asked how to obtain and read on my Laptop MMM.

Issues can't be downloaded to the hard drive as yet, they require a connection at all times. I would expect this to change by March however

DISGUSTED

Seems clear enough to me, issues cannot be downloaded to the hard drive as yet, they require a connection at all times. ..................

In other words you simply have to have an internet connection and you read the mag online not as a download. I registered when they first launched this service and I found the instructions clear and easy to follow. I haven't bothered since for my own reasons.

D.

Dave Newell - 2012-01-29 5:16 PM

Autocruising - 2012-01-29 5:04 PM

DISGUSTED

Seems clear enough to me, issues cannot be downloaded to the hard drive as yet, they require a connection at all times. ..................

In other words you simply have to have an internet connection and you read the mag online not as a download. I registered when they first launched this service and I found the instructions clear and easy to follow. I haven't bothered since for my own reasons.

D.

Below is what MMM state note You can DOWNLOAD it to your hard drive. Unless Someone can explain different to read from your Hard Drive you need to download

Note: you can access the MMM issue you have purchased through your iTunes account on your device or your laptop or home computer, meaning you can view it anywhere and download it to your hard drive. The introductory price of £1.99 includes the price of the app and the cost of the first issue, every issue thereafter will cost £2.49.

Just to give you some notion of how helpful Pocket Mags are below is the email I sent to their Help Desk and the reply I received.

Before I start hear are my details, Order No. ****. I have a registered account with Pocket Mags user name ******. I have paid a subscription of £10.99. I do not own any Mobile Phone, Ipad, Android.

I do own a Laptop and I simply wish to download MMM. onto my hard drive. starting with the February issue. The last email I sent you in order to do this included my User Name as requested and yet I received a reply informing me to open such an account and then download the appropriate Apps .Please can somebody provide me with simple instructions on how to carry out what MMM. state I can do which is pay and download to my hard drive and read. Can I also suggest you include with your phone number your opening hours to prevent customers wasting money ringing when it is obvious you are closed.

Reply, Issues can't be downloaded to the hard drive as yet, they require a connection at all times. I would expect this to change by March however.

Now if there is another option for me to read it why did he not explain that and try to help the customer. *-)

Well it appears if you shout loud enough you some times get a reply below is the message I received and I could view the magazine which up to yet is crap if you want to read it you need to magnify and it will not fit on a page, can you ever please me you probably ask?, yes provide what it says on the tin. :-D

Login to pocketmags and then click 'my magazines' then on the february issue's cover.

I seem to remember reading that a Kindle version of MMM would be available at some time, is there any news on this? Would be handy for when we are away for a few weeks touring Europe.

Obviously its not going to be ideal try to read the mag on a Kindle but it might just be bearable in landscape format.

Paul

There still seems to be some confusion over the digital magazine, so hopefully the following will clarify things.

You CAN download it if you use iTunes and download to an iPad or iPhone.

But you currently CAN NOT download if you use pocketmags - which allows you to view the digital mag on your laptop/home computer.

However, it is expected that you will be able to download the digital magazine by the end of March if not sooner.

I will post as soon as this option is available.

As for the other point, once you have bought a digital mag there is no time limit - you can view it for as long as you want and return to view it as many times as you want.

The service is designed for motorhomers who travel away but still want to read MMM (and Which Motorhome which is also now available) when it comes out.

I also want to give readers the option to download it and be able to store back issues on their laptop/home computer hard drive, hence the push for the developers to offer it as a PDF download.

That, as mentioned, is imminent.

Hope that clarifies things.

Thanks

Daniel

Archived