whats planned for summer or trips to come

michele

We so far have just the south of France our annual schlap down to layole . It has erything for the kids and i love the husle an bussle of the site . I miss the M/H and secondly when you close your eys what holds a special place in your heart that you woulkd like to be back there right now.

Lets see if we can do this . so first where for the summer

2nd close your eyes which trip was magical for you and if you closed your eyes where would it be right now.

pictures would be appreciated if poss .

April we have the Peterborough show, May is Newbury, June we're going to Cheshire for a weekend off, July we're off darn sarf to Goodwood for the Festival of Speed, August means Malvern show and Lincoln in September. Other than that we'll try to grab a weekend break at any opportunity, probably mid wales to a beautiful little spot we know of with no TV, no radio and no mobile phone signals, never even managed to get a satellite signal there.

D.

Planned trip to France (Loire) in September.

Planning Isle of Wight & numerous UK weeks, mainly Lakes & Peak District.

Where to go - anywhere new & unexplored.

Now with eyes closed - Powder Skiing in St.Anton, Austria, (but with my eyes open (lol) )

My first trip in the motorhome was along the west coast of Portugal to the Algarve. The plan for was to stay on a campsite near Lisbon for the night. However when I got there it was absolutely dreadful...more like a shanty town than a campsite.

I went straight back to reception, retrieved my passport and drove further along the coast. As it was getting quite late in the afternoon and uncomfortably hot, I was beginning to wonder where to stop for the night. An unmade road followed the coast and I took pot luck and followed it for a mile or two.

The photograph doesn't really do the spot justice, but I spent a wonderful night there all alone. There was a cool sea breeze and I spent a couple of hours rock pooling. I rustled up some supper and drifted off to sleep listening to the sound of the ocean washing the beach.

In the morning scampered into the shower, followed by ham omelette and coffee and pushed on towards the Algarve. The trip was a ten weeker in total. Had a great time!

2139531280_Westcoast-Portugal.jpg.3e61c6ea08060ec70fc00d7b278d736d.jpg

bob b - 2012-01-29 10:53 PM

My first trip in the motorhome was along the west coast of Portugal to the Algarve. The plan for was to stay on a campsite near Lisbon for the night. However when I got there it was absolutely dreadful...more like a shanty town than a campsite.

I went straight back to reception, retrieved my passport and drove further along the coast. As it was getting quite late in the afternoon and uncomfortably hot, I was beginning to wonder where to stop for the night. An unmade road followed the coast and I took pot luck and followed it for a mile or two.

The photograph doesn't really do the spot justice, but I spent a wonderful night there all alone. There was a cool sea breeze and I spent a couple of hours rock pooling. I rustled up some supper and drifted off to sleep listening to the sound of the ocean washing the beach.

In the morning scampered into the shower, followed by ham omelette and coffee and pushed on towards the Algarve. The trip was a ten weeker in total. Had a great time!

Dont you just love it when you come across wild camping places like that. Thats what its all about really. Looks great but I would have said its the west coast of Scotland if you hadnt told us it was Portugal.

Hi Michele

We have a six week trip planned this year taking in France, Germany, Austria, Garda and Venice in Italy then on to Slovenia,Slovakia, Poland then home via Dresden and Berlin. We have both recently retired so this is our retirement blowout.

If I close my eyes our visit to Gdansk in Poland for our sons wedding is one of my lifes great highlights.

The city is very beautiful and we were treated so wonderfully by my daughter-in-laws family it will live forever in my heart.

Thats very nice hold on to your money , boy you certainly are having a blow out . I fancy the Dresden bit love watching the W** documentry's Now I would love to go there because of the stuff I have watched still after all these years they would of rebuilt like us .I dont know why I guess I just always wanted to go and one day I hope we get around to it .

A trip to come for us when its just us is the northern lights defo going to make it fingers crossed one day :-|

Always fancied the Berlin wall as well, the Black Forest and although we have been all over France I am still in love with it there is so much of it we still have not been to.

Syd - 2012-01-30 11:09 PM

Michelle

Salzburg again,

Going to Spain for eight or nine weeks from mid March, would rather go to Salzburg though.

OH Syd , come on then post a piccy whats it like sound wonderful but I have no imagination of the place so tell us about it . You never know may be you will inspire others to go ?.

HI again Michelle

For us some small things make a holiday more memerable but in Salzburg we had a very good campsite, the city its self with it's sound of music trail is well worth exploring but the surounding countryside has some absolutely outstanding views and absolutely beautiful little towns. The Eagles Nest is well worth a visit too. All stunning plus we had unusually good weather for the time of year that we were there.

Even more beautiful than Switzerland we thought

Just outside of the campsite there was an excellent small bar/restaurant where the locals are REALLY friendly, excellent food served there, marrow soup was my favourite starter, really special

Yes Austria is well worth a visit and Salzburg is not the only beautiful place either, some stunning countryside to be seen

Just got back from some winter sun without the van :$ and now sat at the tinternet looking for ideas..In May we got a motorbike rally in Belgium for a weekend then staying over a couple of days in Brugges. Got two weeks at end of June beginning of July fancy Germany after our trip to Munich/Bavaria last year but might do Freiburg but she keeps hinting at France. Really want to catch a stage of the Tour which goes close to the France /Belgium border towards the first week of July. So help with suggestions greatly appreciated. Also got a couple of weeks beginning September so it may be Med perhaps roses coast? who knows.

Well we have got as far as booking the tunnel for the end of June and going WHERE for 6 weeks (lol) we are lovers of Germany and the beautiful scenery last year and the two previous years has seen us tour the Mosel and then heading for Bavaria ending at Fussen before turning around and doing Lake Konstance , and the Black Forest area.

Now I would like to spend some time in France we have been South just as far as the Limogen area where one of our Sons has a house. I fancy Provence but Im having a hard time convincing other half ! he is hell bent on Germany again :-S he isnt a lover of France he likes the mountains/lakes and rivers. I need to convince him that France is worth touring ! he complains we have a hard job finding Aires although we have the Aires book the Asci book and the Borg Atlas ! I must admit to travelling miles to an Aire just to find it not there it doesnt help me with my case .

Can anyone help with suggestions.

maggyd - 2012-01-31 9:20 PM

Well we have got as far as booking the tunnel for the end of June and going WHERE for 6 weeks (lol) we are lovers of Germany and the beautiful scenery last year and the two previous years has seen us tour the Mosel and then heading for Bavaria ending at Fussen before turning around and doing Lake Konstance , and the Black Forest area.

Now I would like to spend some time in France we have been South just as far as the Limogen area where one of our Sons has a house. I fancy Provence but Im having a hard time convincing other half ! he is hell bent on Germany again :-S he isnt a lover of France he likes the mountains/lakes and rivers. I need to convince him that France is worth touring ! he complains we have a hard job finding Aires although we have the Aires book the Asci book and the Borg Atlas ! I must admit to travelling miles to an Aire just to find it not there it doesnt help me with my case .

Can anyone help with suggestions.

He likes mountains and lakes but doesnt like France and you want to go to Provence!!!!

Take at a look at our website www.hankthetank.co.uk and blog summer 2011 but you need to scroll at least half way down

The Verdon Gorges (Provence) and Lake Croix (Provence) just next door are superb! French Alps, Annecy. France has it all and by far the best cheese in the world (you may not be interested in that bit)

1- prob south wales for a week in june, once a month to windsor to see mini ips various other weekends

2- magical was every time we stayed in "Nice" (non MH) jun 2010 in dorset in glorious weather in MH

3- would be in south of france right now if I could

michele - 2012-01-31 10:16 PM

travelling miles to an Aire to find it not there ?. Where in Germany ???

We have no problem in Germany Michelle :-S its France that we seem unlucky with! the popular ones on the coast or no problem, even if they are crowded its inland or going somewhere like the Louir (sp) or Dordogne we stayed at camp sites couldnt find aires !!

You cant miss them in Germany.

Hi Michele

We are just organising our trip to Lake Garda, not been there before so looking forward to the planning of it..we use Acsi, Touring Cheques and Camping cheques and maybe Municipl sites.. I'm a person who likes to plan in advance even if we do not adhere to it.. Generally use Excel and Autoroute for the planning then when we get to our first site and find we either don't like it or it's full, then the Hard work goes out of the window, but hey that's what the adventure is about, not sure what's round the corner!

Trying to get away in May/ June this year, as we normally go in September, so expect it be warmer which O,H will enjoy...

At the moment looking to go via Ghent, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Garda and then who knows, but will try to get to Annecy, as it's our most favourite place. Hopefully be away for around 6 weeks.. Any suggestions as to where to stop is most welcome, but not aires as now we are retired, we like our comforts.....

We love the Motorhome and can't wait for the warm weather and getting on that ferry, that's when the holiday begins..

Derek & Pauline..

Thanks Barry I have had your web site on my favourates for a couple of weeks now I hadnt got as far as your France trip (lol) Ill read it when I have a couple of hours to spare :-D you certainly have a way with words ! very interesting though. ;-) p.s have you managed to lose any weight yet

Archived