Androids

Clive

To copy to clipboard place your finger on the part to be copied and hold for a second, two green markers appear which you can drag to start and end points. On the top of the page will appear the "cut" "copy" "paste" instructions simply tap the one you want. Go to the document you want to paste into, touch the screen and hold at the position you want to paste to, "paste" option should appear in top of screen.

At least that's how mine works.

D.

I put the cursor on the first letter of whatever you want to copy and then while holding down the left mouse button scroll across the words. It will the be highlighted in blue. Right click within the highlighted area and a drop down list will appear. Choose copy and then go to where you want to paste it. Right click again and from drop down list choose paste.

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-01-29 8:04 PM

I put the cursor on the first letter of whatever you want to copy and then while holding down the left mouse button scroll across the words. It will the be highlighted in blue. Right click within the highlighted area and a drop down list will appear. Choose copy and then go to where you want to paste it. Right click again and from drop down list choose paste.

So which Android device do you own that has a mouse?

D.

Hello folks,

Dave is spot on. I came around to this before I read these posts by fiddling about with it. I started a quest lusting after a iPhone 64 gig jobbie and was prepared to spend a couple of hundred quid up front. The best tarriff I could find was about £40 a month. Then when I said i wanted tethering that was an extra £5 - £15 a month on top. The wife was with me so I couldnt just say "oh, go on then. I then asked the young girl in the Vodafone shop in Bournemouth to look at my call and usage history as I had been a Vodafone customer since the late eighties. She did and said that my usage was small and that ANY of their plans would be more than suficient. She said that my usage did not justify an iPhone, how about another HTC Android. The Mrs pretended not to listen. The young girl got out an HTC Desire S and the screen was as large and bright as the iPhone. It also took the same batteries as my old HTC Tattoo which had come to the end of its contract. How much I asked. Well she said, the same tarriff you are on now will be more than good enough, thata £15.50 a month. This includes all your calls, texts, data and even connection to BTopenzone in the UK included. Plus it included tethering either by cable or via WiFi as part of the package. The up front price was £99 but after some fiddling on the computer she said i could have the phone for free with some deal they have for valued customers. Now folks in my position and with the concience looking over my shoulder what options did I have other than to say YES and get the hell out of there?.

Meanwhile I am learning rapidly, its a cracking screen and BBCiplayer works brilliantly. Applications are massive and many totally free. Sat Nav works well as does mini office .

Boys and their toys.

C.

Hi Clive, Jackie has the Desire S and loves it. I have the Desire HD which is slightly larger (making it better for my clumsy fat fingers) and I love mine. I tried the pre loaded sat nav software and was less than impressed so downloaded Co Pilot Live (£30 or thereabouts and that allowed me to put it on my 10" Asus tablet as well) and it is so much better. We're with T Mobile on a business contract for both phones which includes tethering, we pay an extra £5 a month for unlimited internet use.

D.

I too used to have an iphone 3G, but ditched it several months ago now (in fact, flogged it off) in favour of an HTC Wildfire S (sort of smaller version of the Desire, more pocket-friendly for me.)

Awesome piece of kit, the features are all top quality, communication with my PC is soooooo smooth and fact and easy; and the Android operating system is simply miles and miles better than the clunky Apple rubbish.

I'm chuffed to bits with it.

I have no idea why anyone who actually has user-experience of the two systems would ever buy a "smartphone" from Apple again - iphones really are twice the price for half the functionality of HTC and other Android-based phones now..

Archived